Travelling with our son we booked the Junior Suite for a great extended rate (8 nights) through the hotel direct. At check in, staff were very efficient & room on the 8th floor was ready early. Air-conditioning not working in the room so we reported it to Reception on our way out for the afternoon. Returned at 10pm and air still not working, contacted reception who didn't know anything about it but followed it up. Called maintenance at home & found it couldn't be fixed so we had to move rooms. A shame this wasn't passed on at change of shift but as we didn't get back until late we would have still been moving rooms at 10pm regardless. Moved down to the 3rd floor - same Junior Suite but so much bigger! King bed instead of a Queen & Bathroom much bigger and had the most amazing shower, 3 jets and after long hot days walking around NYC it was a welcome relief as was the jet tub. Location of this hotel is great - just off 5th Ave shopping, only 2 blocks from the park, plenty of both pricey and cheap food options right downstairs. Nearest subway is two blocks away but many sights were in walking distance. High charges for internet in the room, and you pay per DEVICE not per room but it is free in the lobby and they have many lounges and places to sit. The bar downstairs had great service the few times we used it for a quick drink & tapas. Staff at reception very helpful in booking car services and directions to nearest supermarkets etc. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great price on a decent sized room in NY who is travelling with a child.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet, tucked away oasis near Rockefeller Center in Midtown NYC, The Shoreham Hotel offers a variety of 100% smoke-free, pet-friendly, well-appointed accommodations ranging from our standard rooms to specialty suite rooms with one King, one Queen, or two double beds with deluxe Belgian linens. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers available in select rooms, access to wireless Internet and rooms offer flat-screen LG TVs. Guest bathrooms are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile and fixtures, grey slate vanity tops and brushed stainless sinks with satin nickel fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City