“Perfect Location with plenty of Room- best shower ever!”
Review of Shoreham

Shoreham
Ranked #317 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Travelling with our son we booked the Junior Suite for a great extended rate (8 nights) through the hotel direct. At check in, staff were very efficient & room on the 8th floor was ready early. Air-conditioning not working in the room so we reported it to Reception on our way out for the afternoon. Returned at 10pm and air still not working, contacted reception who didn't know anything about it but followed it up. Called maintenance at home & found it couldn't be fixed so we had to move rooms. A shame this wasn't passed on at change of shift but as we didn't get back until late we would have still been moving rooms at 10pm regardless. Moved down to the 3rd floor - same Junior Suite but so much bigger! King bed instead of a Queen & Bathroom much bigger and had the most amazing shower, 3 jets and after long hot days walking around NYC it was a welcome relief as was the jet tub. Location of this hotel is great - just off 5th Ave shopping, only 2 blocks from the park, plenty of both pricey and cheap food options right downstairs. Nearest subway is two blocks away but many sights were in walking distance. High charges for internet in the room, and you pay per DEVICE not per room but it is free in the lobby and they have many lounges and places to sit. The bar downstairs had great service the few times we used it for a quick drink & tapas. Staff at reception very helpful in booking car services and directions to nearest supermarkets etc. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great price on a decent sized room in NY who is travelling with a child.

Room Tip: If booking the Junior Suite - ask for the 3rd floor, same room but bigger and better bathroom with a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsLatts
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear MrsLatts,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a Trip Advisor review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us. We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you choose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Lisa Grossberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel July 13-14. My room was small but adequate.

The pros: The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the location decent.

The cons: The bathroom is tiny and there is no counter space to set down your beauty products - so I had to keep them on the desk. The first day there were no washcloths, and I had to call down for maintenance to fix the temperature controls on the air conditioning as they did not work. It took two calls and an hour for someone to appear. The next day - the outlets stopped working. I tried to call down to report this...but it's a cordless phone, so it didn't work either! I had to get in the elevator and go down to the desk. The woman replied that it was common and had to have maintenance meet me in my room to reset a switch.

The hotel does not have an ice machine, so if you want ice, you call down and someone brings you a bucket of ice. Seems like more of a nuisance to them than necessary.

I made the mistake of eating breakfast in the "restaurant" one morning. It's really their bar and all of the tables and chairs are low coffee type tables and lounge type couches...not very conducive to breakfast and the newspaper.

Would I stay here again? Probably not...there are so many places to choose from in NYC, I think I would spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dancergirlmom

Dear Dancergirlmom,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of The Shoreham on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. Please accept my sincere apologies for our lack of communication; we pride ourselves in giving the best customer service possible. I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Long-story-short: there is better value for money in NYC. There has to be. The hallways were so narrow, my shoulders bounced against the walls as I walked to my room. The room itself - and the bathroom, especially - was pretty spacious. But what drove me (us) crazy, was the grinding, burbling, hacking, nauseating sounds that the air conditioner made ALL NIGHT LONG. I have stayed in backpacker dives in Cambodia that had better aircon quality. Overall, this place seems like it was once trendy/hot but is now showing its age and lack of investment. Good location. But otherwise, skip it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank ironrooster73
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear ironrooster73,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Have stayed at this property several times,and recommended it to all our friends. One of the main reasons was the free delicious coffee machine-24 hours.Last 2 times we stayed--they had changed the milk to a disgusting simulated powdered milk(which ruined)the coffee,and the machine is no longer available all day. Really--this was a plus--fabulous coffe--we would pop back into the hotel during the day for a refresher coffee--very disappointed.

Room Tip: some rooms are tiny
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank moviemom2
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Moviemom2,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at Shoreham in July with husband and 15 year old son. Found the Shoreham by searching internet for one bedroom suite. Shoreham offered a decent price, free internet & breakfast buffett. Room was clean, maybe a bit worn around the edges but the bed was comfortable and the overall space was more than appropriate for the amount of time spent in the room. Great shower with hot water. Air unit did not cool that well, asked for a fan which made it comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Sleeper sofa was actually a futon and will only accommodate one teenager or maybe two small children...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alesia S,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us! We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed in a one bedroomed suite and have only positive views on this hotel. Room was spotless and cleaned every day of our 8 day stay to a very high standard. The location is superb, with easy access to Times square or Central park being just around the corner. My wife , daughter and I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff were also extremely helpful as and when required. all in all a superb holiday made all the better by the excellent hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammus

Dear Tammus,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a review on trip advisor. I am pleased to learn that you were very happy with the hotel and that out location was convenient for you. The major shops, tourist attractions, subways and restaurants definitely add a finishing touch to the hotel. I would like to invite you and your daughter back the next time you are in NYC!

We look forward to seeing you,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a junior suite. The shower drain wouldn't drain,tub jets kept kicking on by itself,and the tv was messed up so moved to a different room same problems.the staff was helpful and gave us free breakfast and a free movie for our troubles and the location was really good we was in between Central Park and time square

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jerese
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Jerese,

First and foremost I would like to say thank you for making The Shoreham to be your hotel of choice on your visit to New York. I am pleased you enjoyed our prime location. I would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest and provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations. We look forward to having you back!

LIsa Grossberg