Spent two nights at this hotel July 13-14. My room was small but adequate.
The pros: The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the location decent.
The cons: The bathroom is tiny and there is no counter space to set down your beauty products - so I had to keep them on the desk. The first day there were no washcloths, and I had to call down for maintenance to fix the temperature controls on the air conditioning as they did not work. It took two calls and an hour for someone to appear. The next day - the outlets stopped working. I tried to call down to report this...but it's a cordless phone, so it didn't work either! I had to get in the elevator and go down to the desk. The woman replied that it was common and had to have maintenance meet me in my room to reset a switch.
The hotel does not have an ice machine, so if you want ice, you call down and someone brings you a bucket of ice. Seems like more of a nuisance to them than necessary.
I made the mistake of eating breakfast in the "restaurant" one morning. It's really their bar and all of the tables and chairs are low coffee type tables and lounge type couches...not very conducive to breakfast and the newspaper.
Would I stay here again? Probably not...there are so many places to choose from in NYC, I think I would spend my money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet, tucked away oasis near Rockefeller Center in Midtown NYC, The Shoreham Hotel offers a variety of 100% smoke-free, pet-friendly, well-appointed accommodations ranging from our standard rooms to specialty suite rooms with one King, one Queen, or two double beds with deluxe Belgian linens. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers available in select rooms, access to wireless Internet and rooms offer flat-screen LG TVs. Guest bathrooms are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile and fixtures, grey slate vanity tops and brushed stainless sinks with satin nickel fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City