2,093 results
All reviews massage chair central park great location new york trump tower dunkin donuts the penthouse times square bedroom suite front desk staff fifth avenue coffee machine rockefeller center around the corner rooms are small free internet flat screen tv
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was our first time in New York we were really pleased with the location of this hotel. We were told that the room we were given (508) was the quietest room in the hotel, it was far from it, it could well have been the noisiest, there was a large fan outside on ground level which was so loud that we couldn't hear the television above the noise. Our son and Daughter-in-law were on the same side of the hotel and they said how noisy it was. We even went out and bought earplugs but still didn't cut out the noise. Despite that the room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff were polite and very helpful. Location was excellent everything was within walking distance so all in all apart from the noisy room a god hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear dor44een,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Shoreham and providing us with feedback following your stay. I'm very pleased that you loved the location. It's definitely one of the major features that make our hotel so special. The tourist attractions, major shops and various subways bring a great finishing touch. It brings me great pleasure that you were comfortable in our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel has an excellent location! The Junior Suite was perfect for us! Clean and great washroom! The staff Elvira, Spencer and Reves were awesome! We felt welcomed into the hotel like it was their home. Great coffee bar in the lobby. We also used the car service from the airport to hotel which was set up by the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Liz48355

Dear Liz48355,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Regards,
Lisa Grossberg

Reviewed June 29, 2014

As a first time New York visitor, I was pleasantly surprised by the Shoreham. We arrived at 8:30 in the morning and they were very accommodating by getting us checked in by 1:00 (3 is the normal check in) They also gave us a king size bed at our request. The door staff and concierge were most helpful, taking our bags up for us and being so friendly and kind to us everyday. They recognized us by name and were absolutely a pleasure to chat with at the end of a busy day in NYC. Marco, George and the rest of the staff were top notch!

Our room was a big size and it was clean - most important to me. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great sleep every night. The bathroom is tiny but honestly it's good enough...the only downfall was the lighting is a little dark and there aren't really any hooks for towels...this to me is pretty minor though. We never once tried the tv (why watch tv when you're in New York?!) and when we asked for a dryer and iron, it came right away.

A big plus is location. This place is between 5th and 6th on 55th street...3 blocks from Central Park, 4 from Hell's Kitchen (high marks for eateries there by the way - go to Alfies!) and right behind MoMA. We walked everywhere and I loved the neighbourhood and local pubs.

I would most definitely go back to the Shoreham. I can't think of a reason not to.

PS I did see a queen bed room across from us and it looked equally fine as ours. The rooms could use a fresh coat of paint but it was clean, comfy, friendly, and felt like home away from home.
Thanks staff at Shoreham...I'm looking forward to coming back soon!

Room tip: Wifi is free in the lobby but they charge in your room. I never tried the breakfast so I can't say what it was like. The coffee machine is fine but I prefer going out to cool local cafes.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Sallyglam,

Your feedback is very appreciated. It allows us to recognize our team for the great job they do, and motivates us to do better with each guest. Thank you for mentioning Marco, George and the wonderful front desk team. They will be so happy to know they were part of making your stay so pleasing. Thanks for choosing to stay with us again, we can’t wait to welcome you back!

My warmest regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a standard room with queen bed, and were very pleased. The room was excellent, no noise from the ac. 40++ tv-Channels, a good minibar, a big bathroom with toiletries, and a great laundry service. Nice to be able to pick up delicious coffee in the lobby every morning, and just stroll out to whatever we wanted to do. Fantastic location with everything close by

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear J,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! Overall, we are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our amenities as well as our central location. Our staff makes sure to have a great impression on all guest! Please be assured that we continuously review all guest feedback in order to improve our service. On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to having you with us once again very soon.

Regards

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was an excellent location with several food and other shops on the same street for quick trips out. The good was the location and the staff. Federic, the gentleman who checked us in was amazingly nice and helpful.

The bad was that as soon as we got to our room, we wanted to watch a show that came on HBO. The show was virtually unwatchable as the brightness on the TV in our room seemed to be set to the darkest with no way to change it. Also, 1/2 of the channels came in fuzzy, and we had to call down for a remote as soon as we got into our room (812). There was also no mini bar, so if we wanted snacks in the room, we would have had to call for them instead of just grabbing them from the fridge in the room.

The ugly was the room itself. While the bed was comfortable and the sheets and pillows were clean, that was the extent of the positive. The paint throughout the room was chipping, the bathtub was dirty thus making shower time not as refreshing as one would hope. The carpet was a bit worn, but this was not too horrible of a thing, just made a note of it.

The room we stayed in was small. Barely room for the queen bed, but that is expected in the city and I an not lowering my review because of this, again, just noting it for future people. I was not bothered by the noise of the AC as some other people have been. It may have been loud, but the room was icy cold as soon as we got there, which was nice because it was a hot couple of days we were in the city.

Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend others to stay here, but it is not as nice of a boutique hotel as others I have stayed in for the same price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brent_Ciesliga
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Brent_Ciesliga,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of The Shoreham on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to regain your confidence in us

Regards,