2,031 results
All reviewsmassage chaircentral parkgreat locationnew yorktrump towerdunkin donutsthe penthousetimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk stafffifth avenuecoffee machinearound the cornerrockefeller centerrooms are smallflat screen tvfree internet
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Having never been to New York we let our agent book the most appropriate hotel for us. We were really happy with her choice. The location was perfect for us - proximity to the park, restaurants and subway. The overall hotel had a very modern, clean appearance. The room was small but we expected that with what we had read about New York. The bed was comfortable and we were mostly happy. We did find that housekeeping shorted our towels pretty well every day. One day we had no hand towels left for us so had to call for some. We would also have liked an ice machine as I felt uncomfortable bothering room service for ice. We did without. Overall, our first time in New York was wonderful and we hope to return and will look to the Shoreham for our accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katfowler40
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Katfowler40,

I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Shoreham. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. To be near all of the shopping, restaurants, coffee shops, and sites of Central Park is hard to beat. Please accept my apology for any issues you had with the room. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We went here for my 40th in May and was very pleased with the hotel.
I had worried about the rooms as it is a pet friendly hotel, however there was nothing to worry about as they were spotless. Maybe could do with a new carpet but it was clean so not an issue.
We took our daughter and our friend flew over from the UK with her daughter, if you take kids be sure to book a suite as this has separate bedrooms and a small living room with tv for kids to chill while you get ready, or when you return after a very, very busy day. The extra space is well worth having.
The staff are very friendly at the Shoreham, willing to help with any questions or concerns.
The location is great - just off 5th avenue and has easy access to all the popular sights.
I can't review the food here as we ate out for each meal.
They have a coffe area which had complimentary coffee, although only until 11am.
The bar is nice and has friendly staff, but maybe a little pricey, however this is NYC.
Overall a great stay and a great location - easy reach to everything
GLRKAR of PITTSBURGH

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear GLRKAR,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of The Shoreham on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by the hotel were to your satisfaction. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We chose this hotel based on the location which seems excellent for the price. It is really a great location: next to fifth avenue, central park and times square. We were both very impressed with the hotel ,sure the rooms are small and view from window non existent .This is a very minor criticism .The staff are wonderful our room was very clean and bed very comfortable.

Room Tip: No rooms have view so doesnt matter.
1  Thank aph1985
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear aph1985,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable and candid feedback with us. We are truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our location and comfortable beds. I am glad you also liked our amazing staff. We look forward to welcoming you back .

LIsa Grossberg

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We chose this hotel based on the location which seems excellent for the price. It is really a great location: next to fifth avenue and central park as well as Mona. The room were certainly not small, in fact they were big by European standards. The aesthetic was stylish and modern although the bathroom was quire small. The WiFi in the lobby was quite handy too.

The downsides: the free coffee which is promised was never available! Of the five mornings we were there, we had it once, with the machine out of service the other four. Which was nice but we had expected it to be available every day!

On out fourth night, at the end of a busy day, we returned home and my husband went to the bathroom to find a huge cockroach there! It ran out into the room where he killed it. The hotel dent someone immediately who disposed of it and then suggested we move rooms, which was good, but even so you don't want to find cockroaches in your room at the end of the day. (The second bathroom was much bigger however).

Or final issue was our transport to Newark airport. On finding out there was no public transport at 4am,we asked reception for advice. They suggested a car company which would cost $85 (including toll). When we asked about a yellow cab they said it would cost a lot more as it was metered. So we booked the car. On checking out, we asked if there car was there and were told by one of the reception staff it was there but there was no driver. Her colleague then went to check and said no it wasn't there. He then called the firm who said they didn't have a booking and then next car would be 40 minute. It turned out the hotel had booked us a car for 4pm not 4am! We then had to get a yellow cab, which we were worried about having been warned about the huge cost. Turned out to be $77 (including toll!). I think they must have a deal with the car company or something whereby they scare you into ordering with it so you actually pay more money than you would with a cab. They didn't offer to cover the cost or anything which I think a better hotel would have as it was entirely their fault.

In short, we had a great holiday but that was due to the city not the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again but if you must then don't use their car service!

Room Tip: Room 408 has a big bathroom, 908 has a small one.
1  Thank Sonia W

Dear Sonia W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Shoreham. We are sincerely sorry to hear that the visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem. I welcome the opportunity to reach out to myself directly , and sincerely hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Just returned to UK after a weeks stay in NYC.My partner and myself chose the Shoreham for its excellent location and reasonably priced rooms .We were both very impressed with the hotel ,sure the rooms are small and view from window non existent .This is a very minor criticism .The staff are wonderful our room was very clean and bed very comfortable.

Room Tip: We had room 414 very quiet .No noise from other rooms.

Dear 652lizzie44,

Thank you for sharing your review for the Shoreham on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that our price range suited your budgeting needs. I am also glad that you liked our prime location, this is what makes our hotel a true gem. The various tourist attractions, shopping and numerous amount of subway stations surrounding the hotel makes it extra special. I would like to take the opportunity to invite you back to the hotel, the next time you visit New York.