I stayed in room 302, a one bedroom suite. The room was very clean, and nicely decorated, but showed wear. I arrived late afternoon and went out for dinner soon after. All was not well once I went to bed at about 10:30 p.m. There was a pervasive odor of cigarettes all night as if it were seeping in from below. It was not bad enough to be nauseating, however. The street noise was never-ending. I listened to recycling collection of what must have been hundreds of bottles, drunk people talking and yelling, cars beeping, truck engines revving and whining, police and fire sirens. I stay in NYC for a few days each year, but have never been lower than the 9th floor, so that may be the problem. The mattress sucked. The heating unit in the bedroom did not work. At 2:30 a.m., I finally pulled the bedding off and made the sofa into a bed, put the wall heating unit on high and slept with my head farthest away from the window. It was a sleepless night and I had an all-day meeting the next day. The staff was friendly, but did not ask at checkout "how was everything?"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet, tucked away oasis near Rockefeller Center in Midtown NYC, The Shoreham Hotel offers a variety of 100% smoke-free, pet-friendly, well-appointed accommodations ranging from our standard rooms to specialty suite rooms with one King, one Queen, or two double beds with deluxe Belgian linens. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers available in select rooms, access to wireless Internet and rooms offer flat-screen LG TVs. Guest bathrooms are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile and fixtures, grey slate vanity tops and brushed stainless sinks with satin nickel fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City