“Location a Plus!”

Shoreham
Ranked #308 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Location a Plus!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Located within walking distance of Central Park and some of the best shopping that NY has to offer, this hotel is perfect. The price is right, rooms are on the small side, but great service makes up for it. I was there on a short business trip and having stayed at many boutique hotels in the city,I have to say that this one is my favorite! I look forward to returning.

Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Doodis,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review The Shoreham Hotel. Our hotel staff takes pride in providing all our guests with the “Perfect Stay.” I am delighted to see we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for making our hotel your lodging destination when visiting New York City. Please feel free to contact the front office during your next visit to The Shoreham, and I will personally make sure to make it a memorable experience.
Warm Regards,
Eri Rodriguez
Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I came to the shoreham and I have to say I loved it. The staff at the front desk gave me a nice upgrade, and a glass of champagne. They also provide free internet and coffee.what else can I say, it is great.I will be coming back, thank you all. Tgey also have the hottest director, ARod.

• Stayed January 2013
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear El5454,
Thank you for your glowing review. I’m delighted to know that our friendly family of associates at the Shoreham created the fondest memories for you. Glad you enjoyed our complimentary services, and that you met our wonderful director Eri Rodriguez. We look to hosting you back and welcoming you back to your home away from home in our wonderful city.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my second stay at The Shoreham so clearly the first stay left a good impression. This time we were four to a room so I booked a One Bedroon Suite with 2 beds which was described as having 2 separate rooms with double beds plus a separate area with a sofa bed. Yes the description was spot on however everything felt so cramped and uncomfortable and was open plan which made the arrangement with multiple children difficult. I love this location however I was happy to leave after two nights to more spacious (and more expensive) accomodations. I'm sorry to say that I won't be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sydmelp,
Thank you for choosing to stay again with us. I’m sorry our suite was not spacious enough for your party.
I do hope that our service and overall value will make you reconsider staying with us in the near future.
Please contact me directly, I’ll be more than happy to help make arrangements for your next trip.
Best regards,
Richmond, VA
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Last night, I took two women co-workers out work and suggested we stop at the Shoreham Bar and have a glass of wine while figuring out where we would eat. Kartick and Mike were tending bar and were absolutely great! They went out of their way to not only provide top-notch service, but made a reservation at a restaurant for us. Plus, wine, at least on Tuesday nights, is half price!! And the wine list is excellent. I highly recommend that whether you stay at the Shoreham or not, to stop in for a drink at the Shoreham bar.

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the hotel...just went to the bar.
Dear Mmr_Rva,
Thank you for choosing our Shoreham Bar for your after work evening gathering. Our team is genuinely so warm, and Kartick and Mike are wonderful. You’ll have to come in a week or so and try our new martinis from our new IShoreAM martini menu.
Thanks again, and see you back real soon at the SBAR!
Kindest regards,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Incredibly central location - there for a conference and spent the first 4 days of the trip without needing a cab or the subway. Good access to Central Park (especially nice for a morning run). Also super close to all the snazzy 5th Ave shopping if that's your bag. Decor was modern without being unusable, front desk staff was very friendly. The morning coffe/cappuccino/latte/mocha machine was pretty awesome too, good to fortify yourself on the way out to a 20-degree morning (only open until 11 am). Got an unexpected upgrade to the penthouse and had a huge room and a patio with a great view. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank anyabelle
Dear Anyabelle,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travelers. It means a lot to my team to know that we created great memories. Our location is fantastic for shopping, museums, and great restaurants. I’m glad you took advantage of our wonderful coffee service in the morning, next time try the hot milk chocolate- it’s superb!
Look forward to being your favorite place to call home when in New York.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Used to love this place. Great value, good service, nice rooms. But recently it's looking a little worn. On my last stay, electronic passes for my room repeatedly failed and had to be changed at reception, the bed was uneven, some lights didn't work, etc. Service still friendly and efficient, but it just feels like the hotel hasn't been given any love for a while. I'll stay elsewhere on my future visits.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Riksta68,
Thank you for staying back with us during your recent trip to New York. I’m glad you have come to know the Shoreham for our friendly service, and overall value.
I’m really sorry your Ving Card keys were causing a problem. We advise our guests not to place them near any metal, or cell phones as it will demagnetize the key and cause it not to work. I hope the issues in your room were reported, in order for us to have taken action on them.
We’d be very grateful if there’s anything we can do to regain your trust in us , and have you stay with us again.
Contact me directly, and I’ll make sure you have the best stay.
Warmest regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had an awesome evening at the bar with Mike, Kartik, and Melissa (the Shoreham crew at the bar tonight). The hotel is comfortable and convenient to mid-town. More importantly, they always make me feel like this is my home away from home...oh, and the Poison Martini was great too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Strebby,
Thanks for your glowing review of the Shoreham, and our SBar team. They truly are one of the friendliest I've ever had the please ure of working with, I'm glad they provided a great evening for you. We hope to always be your home away from home, and next time try our Cucumber Martini- it's my favorite!