“Good Location”

Ranked #314 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Paris, France
“Good Location”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is in a good location for the city shops. The service is good although check in was quite late. But the reception took my bags while I went out and checked in afterwards The rooms, although small are well decorated and designed. The designers have done a good job of maximising the space and making it look as modern as possible given what most hotels in NY look like - quite tired and old style. This was new style modern and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Thai first
phoenix az usa
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very convenient area of mid-town. The hotel is well managed, comfortable and nicely decorated. It was a reasonable value. Front desk was helpful in recommending dining options. We even left our window open all night (3 nites). Little street noise. We would return.

Dear Zigzag_jim,
We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your recent visit to The Shoreham Hotel. I have just finished reading your review and cannot wait to forward it to our amazing staff. We all get so much pleasure and inspiration from guests like you. Thank you for sharing your experience with trip advisor and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I booked the Shoreham because of its location and because it offered AARP discount. I don't like contemporary decor but I made myself try something different. The first night we did not receive the type of room I reserved. We inquired about moving and were told a change would be arranged. We left our luggage in the first room and when we returned to the hotel at the end of the day, our luggage was in our new room - an upgrade to a much larger, nicer space. Due to the efforts of two of the staff, John Jimenez and Henry Gomez, we received this nice surprise. We ordered room service each morning (sly people at the Shoreham, they don't offer in-room coffee) and the delivery was prompt and the person delivering was pleasant.

Dear Debbie B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable and candid feedback with us. Our team is one of our greatest asset so it's wonderful to hear that Henry and John left you with a postive impression through details of room placement .We are also delighted to know you took pleasure in our in room dining and our staff exceeded your expectations. Your comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very well located and close to the park for those who love running there. Good size hotel, you really feel like being at home. Rooms were quite big and nothing-missing. Great Federico at the reception late hours "muy simpatico y eficiente". The bar is also very comfort and relaxing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alfred t
Dear Alfred t,
We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. The Shoreham is indeed an oasis in the midtown area and we are truly pleased that you found our prime location to be top notch. I m very happy to hear that Federico left you with such a positive impression, I will share your kind compliments with him. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay and we look forward to your next visit!
melbourne
Reviewed October 29, 2012

had to stay here at last minute and to be honest only fault with the room was not window with but the room it self was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was huge. they made a mistake on the bill and refunded with out a second thought. would highly recommend this hotel.

the staff were very understated but extremely pleasant. the breakfast was not the best for the price.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My Father and I recently went to NYC to see the NY Giants play the Washington Redskins. We chose The Shoreham based primarily on price and location. I booked the room before reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and I will say I was a little nervous especially reading some of the comments about the staff. I can say without a doubt they staff were great. They answered all of our questions as well as gave us great advice on where to eat and places to see and things to do. As a novice traveler my Dad and were very happy with The Shoreham. When I visit again with my wife I am sure I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lucy858
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week while looking for an apartment in NYC. The location couldn't be better, your surrounded by a mix both affordable and first class restaurants. The hotel staff are very helpful and professional.
The rooms are small, but they are well decorated and have any amenity you would want. The surprise of having free cappuccino, free wifi and a massage chair in each room really took this place to the next level for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business