“A lovely experience close to the park”
Review of Shoreham

Shoreham
Ranked #318 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very well located and close to the park for those who love running there. Good size hotel, you really feel like being at home. Rooms were quite big and nothing-missing. Great Federico at the reception late hours "muy simpatico y eficiente". The bar is also very comfort and relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank alfred t
Jacqueline E, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Alfred t,
We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. The Shoreham is indeed an oasis in the midtown area and we are truly pleased that you found our prime location to be top notch. I m very happy to hear that Federico left you with such a positive impression, I will share your kind compliments with him. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay and we look forward to your next visit!
Regards,
Jacqueline Elbaidouri
Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

had to stay here at last minute and to be honest only fault with the room was not window with but the room it self was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was huge. they made a mistake on the bill and refunded with out a second thought. would highly recommend this hotel.

the staff were very understated but extremely pleasant. the breakfast was not the best for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My Father and I recently went to NYC to see the NY Giants play the Washington Redskins. We chose The Shoreham based primarily on price and location. I booked the room before reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and I will say I was a little nervous especially reading some of the comments about the staff. I can say without a doubt they staff were great. They answered all of our questions as well as gave us great advice on where to eat and places to see and things to do. As a novice traveler my Dad and were very happy with The Shoreham. When I visit again with my wife I am sure I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week while looking for an apartment in NYC. The location couldn't be better, your surrounded by a mix both affordable and first class restaurants. The hotel staff are very helpful and professional.
The rooms are small, but they are well decorated and have any amenity you would want. The surprise of having free cappuccino, free wifi and a massage chair in each room really took this place to the next level for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lucy858
Reviewed October 24, 2012

After the initial problems and a filthy room we were provided outstanding customer service by "John" the customer service agent who felt with the obvious issues which had been shun by other staff. We moved to another room which was actually clean, well set out and worthy of the star rating- a stark contrast of rooms . This hotel has the bones to be a good hotel, however management needs to look at the state of some rooms in terms of cleanliness and functionality such as broken and missing items. The clean rooms are great!! Staff service is also a tale of two cities . We had some great customer service and also examples of customer service which showed no hospitality at all.
A few small issues but overall a hotel with potential- not the worst.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Znlgrp
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreham in mid October. We picked this hotel as recommended by our agency and after checking for other traveller's opinions in Tripadvisor and we were greatly satisfied with the experience. The hotel is superbly located in midtown Manhattan.Rooms are very clean, bed is very comfortable and bathroom is spacious with Aveda amenities (though the shower head was rather old and did not work very well).The staff is very welcoming and agreeable and always willing to help. Special mention to John and Crystaline at the reception (both speak perfect Spanish and made our life more confortable). At check in we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne. Very nice! One day when we arrived at the hotel after strolling around half Manhattan we found out that the room hadn't been cleaned and we notified John at the reception. He immediately took care that the room was made up and he gave us tickets for complimentary drinks for my husband and me at the hotel bar. Regarding a comment made by another traveller: We also had the complete fee for our stay already paid in advance to our travel agency in Spain. Nevertheless they asked for our credit card to charge a security deposit of 100 USD which is something customary as they told us; such amount was to be refunded at check out. We had no such problem as the one reported by that traveller. When we were back to Spain and checked our credit card account everything was clean and neat: nothing was charged by Shoreham. The experience has been great and I would definitively not only recommend the Shoreham but surely stay there again when I'm back in NY.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NNQ
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is so very tired. The staff is embarrassed about everything. You can see it in their overworked eyes. The room was small, cramped with hardly any decent lighting. Probably better not to see the horribly stained and worn carpets and upholstery. Got the creeps in the room as I did not have any slippers and feared walking barefoot. The website is full of half truths. I don't know how they can get away with that sort of thing. Pay 29$ more a night and stay in a much better place. Location was good. Shower water pressure good too. That's it for pros. The rest was bad.

• Stayed: October 2012