2,033 results
All reviewsmassage chaircentral parkgreat locationnew yorktrump towerdunkin donutsthe penthousetimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk stafffifth avenuecoffee machinearound the cornerrockefeller centerrooms are smallflat screen tvfree internet
Reviewed October 24, 2012

After the initial problems and a filthy room we were provided outstanding customer service by "John" the customer service agent who felt with the obvious issues which had been shun by other staff. We moved to another room which was actually clean, well set out and worthy of the star rating- a stark contrast of rooms . This hotel has the bones to be a good hotel, however management needs to look at the state of some rooms in terms of cleanliness and functionality such as broken and missing items. The clean rooms are great!! Staff service is also a tale of two cities . We had some great customer service and also examples of customer service which showed no hospitality at all.
A few small issues but overall a hotel with potential- not the worst.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Znlgrp
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreham in mid October. We picked this hotel as recommended by our agency and after checking for other traveller's opinions in Tripadvisor and we were greatly satisfied with the experience. The hotel is superbly located in midtown Manhattan.Rooms are very clean, bed is very comfortable and bathroom is spacious with Aveda amenities (though the shower head was rather old and did not work very well).The staff is very welcoming and agreeable and always willing to help. Special mention to John and Crystaline at the reception (both speak perfect Spanish and made our life more confortable). At check in we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne. Very nice! One day when we arrived at the hotel after strolling around half Manhattan we found out that the room hadn't been cleaned and we notified John at the reception. He immediately took care that the room was made up and he gave us tickets for complimentary drinks for my husband and me at the hotel bar. Regarding a comment made by another traveller: We also had the complete fee for our stay already paid in advance to our travel agency in Spain. Nevertheless they asked for our credit card to charge a security deposit of 100 USD which is something customary as they told us; such amount was to be refunded at check out. We had no such problem as the one reported by that traveller. When we were back to Spain and checked our credit card account everything was clean and neat: nothing was charged by Shoreham. The experience has been great and I would definitively not only recommend the Shoreham but surely stay there again when I'm back in NY.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NNQ
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is so very tired. The staff is embarrassed about everything. You can see it in their overworked eyes. The room was small, cramped with hardly any decent lighting. Probably better not to see the horribly stained and worn carpets and upholstery. Got the creeps in the room as I did not have any slippers and feared walking barefoot. The website is full of half truths. I don't know how they can get away with that sort of thing. Pay 29$ more a night and stay in a much better place. Location was good. Shower water pressure good too. That's it for pros. The rest was bad.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank LindaH1521
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here for biz two times and I have to commend Sorin for great customer service at the front desk for going out of his way to take care of me and my requests as well as other clients. My company booked my room and when I got there, I had no room booked and he went out of his way to give me a room regardless of how booked they were. I ended up moving rooms later but the second room was much much more comfortable. Second time I received a very warm welcome from staff and both times enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

the hotel is in a great location. The beds and rooms are comfortable and clean. The rooms are very small (but it is nyc afterall!!). I find this hotel to be $$$. If you find a sell off deal, book it - but you can get comperable hotels for less. It is a solid 4 star in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family