2,030 results
All reviewsmassage chaircentral parkgreat locationnew yorktrump towerdunkin donutsthe penthousetimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk stafffifth avenuecoffee machinearound the cornerrockefeller centerrooms are smallflat screen tvfree internet
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Room fine, beds comfortable, Bose radio great, but bathroom not so great.. Shower okay, but tub didn't drain, so had to stand in 3" of soapy water while showering. Also metal sink very small and counter space also limited in the bathroom. There was only one face cloth (but 2 hand towels & 2 bath towels) and then housekeeping staff didn't bring any face cloths at all to replace the 1 that was used the first night. Couple of lights burnt out that should be replaced over the bed. Other than that, room relatively comfortable. Definitely a great location and close to everything, as mentioned. Price was very good. Might stay again, but will likely check other hotels in the area before I book anything there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spent 3 nights Friday - Sunday Sept 14-17 2012. Fantastic location, 1/2 block from 5th Avenue, 2 minutes to highest end stores in NY and Central Park, easy walk to Times Square, subway, Grand Central Station, many good, reasonably priced restaurants and tons of shopping. We arrived at 9:00pm and asked if upgrade rooms were avialable, were told that hotel was full, no upgrades available. We went to our room, it had not been made up, went back to front desk and imediately got an upgrad to a pentouse suite with a balcony. Good response to the problem, but felt I had been fibbed to 5 minutes earlier re room availability although to be fair, maybe they had to hold a few roms back for just these types of issues. We also asked the front desk if any restaurants were nearby, were told there was only an italian place across the street, no others close by. We found a sports bar, a pub, a 5 Guys burgers, a pizza joint, a chinese place and 2 others + the Italian restaurant within 100 yards of the hotel. Almost unbelievably uninformed. All in, some minor issues and a good price for a decent hotel in a great location. Beware the rock hard beds!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Ray P,
First, I will like to thank you for taking the time to review The Shoreham Hotel; we appreciate all your feedback. I will like you to know that the front desk staff has created a new area directory that includes restaurants nearby the hotel. Copies of the directory are available to all our guests at the front desk upon request. I also saw that our mattresses were not to your liking. Please know we have bed-pads that can be brought up to the rooms. Once again I will like to thank you for the feedback, and assure you we are delighted to see you took time to review the hotel in Trip-Advisor. Our goal at The Shoreham is to provide the guest with a “Perfect Stay,” please feel free to contact me with any future reservations, and I will be glad to provide you with a complementary upgrade.

Warm Regards,

ERI RODRIGUEZ

SHOREHAM HOTEL | Director of Front Office

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great Hotel was pricey but well worth it and quite honestly aren't most Hotels in NYC pricey. I didn't feel the price was a problem as the upside was the interior was very well kitted out and the staff always happy and willing to help.

I would definitely go there again if I were in NYC again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Andy S,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review the Shoreham Hotel. Our staff takes pride in providing all our guest with a “Perfect Stay,” and I’m glad to see we were able to do that for you. Please consider The Shoreham for any future visits, as your primary lodging destination in New York City.

Warm regards,

ERI RODRIGUEZ

SHOREHAM HOTEL | Director of Front Office

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel was very modern and the rooms and bathroom were a great size,our room was on the back so had no view except of brick walls and windows you could almost touch but very very quiet.
The staff were very help full and friendly.The hotel was ideally situated and in close walking distance to lots of attractions including Central Park and Time Square.
Also lots of diners and restaurants and coffee shops close buy .

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room no view ask for a back room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MARKEITH69
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear MARKEITH69,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Delighted you found our staff friendly, and enjoyed our close proximity to so many great attractions. Yes, our inside rooms are the quietest in the hotel, and that’s a treat in busy New York.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again real soon at the Shoreham!
Best,
Glenda Maldonado

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Shoreham shortly after it opened a few years back. I was really looking forward to this return visit, but unfortunately I was left slightly disappointed.

Everything was 'fine' but it wasn't the treat that it was back then.

On the plus side, it's got a handy Midtown location. It still feels a bit more individualistic than the bland chain hotels. The bed was super comfy. Free wifi is a good bonus.

The downsides were the lack of any kind of view, and the general level of service. Queues seemed to be the norm at reception, and the staff weren't especially friendly. On Sunday housekeeping started tapping on adjacent doors from 8am. The printer wasn't working for boarding passes.

In all these things were more annoyances than things that were bad per se, but I left somewhat disappointed on this particular occasion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Aber_James,
First and foremost I would like to say thank you for making The Shoreham to be your hotel of choice on your return visit to New York . I am pleased you enjoyed our prime location and tastefully appointed amenities offered to you throughout you stay .We have taken feedback and are aware that our occupancy is growing, and we’ve just hired more front desk personnel this month to service increased number of guests. Rest assured your issues will be addressed with our Housekeeping department on early service, and we are awaiting a new printer for our complimentary business center. I do hope the front office was able to handle your print request while you were here.. We would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest and provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations. We look forward to having you back!
Warm regards,