7 people are viewing this hotel
$280
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$280
FindHotel
$217
Trip.com$248
Traveluro$220
Hurb$329
3,161 results
All reviews alcove suite times square new york bryant park standard room rain shower mini bar location is great grand central station an upgrade nyc hotel rockefeller center fireplace lobby tub midtown doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2016

The hotel itself is in a great location between 5th avenue and Avenue of the Americas, possible to walk to Central park, Grand Central, Times Square, Broadway, Empire State, Maceys and all the major shops.
Rooms were comfortable but we had booked a loft suite and it was nothing spectacular in fact pretty basic, there was no free internet and I have to echo other travellers comments that the hotel is very very dark and I could not figure out why? Perhaps they think it makes it feel exciting and risqué, well it doesn't work its just dark. The bar is horrendously expensive even by NY standards and my suggestion is to go across the road to the blue bar or even better 1 block west to Donahue's, also breakfast across the road at the flame grill is much better value.
I also advised them that it was my wife's special birthday and they did nothing not even a happy birthday at the check in.

My conclusion is look around you will get better value than this.

Room tip: Loft suites are larger rooms but are they worth it no!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Suzana M, Guest Services Manager at Royalton New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Dear John C,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to see you were underwhelmed by ROYALTON. I can assure you, there as been a lot of thought and many decisions made to the design of each room and lobby. I am sad to see it was not to your liking. Regarding the comments about the hotel being dark, yes it is indeed dark but it is the facade that we provide to our guests.

We sincerely hope that you find a hotel that suits you best.

Regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

We went to the Royalton for our honeymoon and were very gratefully upgraded to an alcove suite.

The positives:

- the location is fantastic. Incredibly close to times square, but far enough away to not be in the bustle! Convenient for all midtown locations and sights with plenty of things to do within walking distance

- the room was very spacious, very quiet and the bath and shower were fantastic- just what was needed after pounding the pavements of nyc in the august heat!

- the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming

- the lobby and bar area are very well presented and have a lovely atmosphere after a hot, tiring day walking around the city

Things to improve:

- the room was a little tired with things like the carpet not quite reaching the floor tiles making it look a little shabby. The corridors and lifts are also a bit tired and the poor lighting made them feel a little bit dingy.

- the lighting in the rooms really needs looking at. I know many other reviews have mentioned it and whilst it provides a nice, relaxed atmosphere, it's tricky to put your make up on!

- whilst the rooms were very well presented there wasn't much space to put things such as only one shelf in the wardrobe and not a lot of space for toiletries in the bathroom

- the staff were quite a rare sighting. I was surprised that such a high quality hotel didn't have a doorman or a concierge (or not that I saw in the 4 days we were there!) so there wasn't really anyone to ask questions about the city.

- the biggest downfall is the lack of wifi in the rooms. Especially with the lack of concierge we were reliant on Google and had to spend a lot of time sitting in the lobby on our phones!

Overall, these were small points which could improve an already nice hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the royalton provided us with a very comfortable and well located base.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ky111

Hey there Ky111,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We always appreciate our guests feedback as it allows us to work on area's of our operation which need attention.

I am so sorry to read that you were unable to ask anyone for assistance during your trip! Everyone at the Front Desk is happy to assist with any recommendations for our guests if our concierge is not available. I am sorry this was not the case during your stay.

We will definitely take your feedback seriously and ensure that the proper steps are taken to correct anything that may have caused an inconvenience during your stay.

We hope you will join ROYALTON on your next trip to NYC.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2016

This beautiful boutique hotel will set the mood for your New York City experience.

The lobby is ultra beautiful, and the albeit tiny elevators function to whisk you up to your room. The rooms are comfortable, sensual and functional. Right around the corner from Bryant Park and Time Square it is a well worth stay!

Room tip: Superior Rooms

Hello FBinVT!

Wow, what a pleasure it is to read your feedback!

Thank you for writing such a stellar review. It makes us really happy to know our guests enjoy their time when they are with us.

We hope you join us at ROYALTON again on your next visit to New York City!

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Hotel is modern and comfortable (great bathroom and shower), but room lighting is terrible, especially with no light at all near the one chair you can sit in, so reading there is impossible. Plus, the lobby is incredibly dark - like a cave. Finally, no coffee maker in room and no coffee available in the lobby in the morning. Please, don't force me to go to the restaurant to buy a cup of coffee to get me going.

Room tip: Improve the lighting, please !
Review collected in partnership with Morgans Hotel Group
AleksandarGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Royalton New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Hello Jeffrey B,
I am very sorry we didn’t meet your expectations at Royalton during your visit. I appreciate your candid comments and will take them into consideration as we strive to make each and every stay exceptional. Please accept my sincere apologies about the dimmed environment, as it happens it is a part of Philippe Stark's design and vision for the hotel as an opposite to the Times Square brightness... I do hope that you will give us another chance and visit us soon in the near future.
Aleksandar M.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

We just spend two night at this hotel. We have never seen such unfriendly and lazy employees in all of our stays at hotels.

Half the time there was no doorman and when there was he was outside talking to a few other employees on the street, not offering to help carry our suitcase up the stairs nor open the door. This was the only hotel on the street that appeared not to even have a proper doorman.

We only saw the concierge once during our stay and had to head to the hotel across the street for assistance.

The rooms were large in size but had filthy grey carpet with dirt marks throughout, we had to wear socks the entire time in the room. The windows looked like they had never been washed.

The entire hotel appeared to be deserted. It was hard to find any staff to assist.

There are much nicer hotels in the area - would not recommend this one.

Hello TorontoD,
Firs of all thank you for staying with us at Royalton and thank you for your candid feedback ! I do apologize for not meeting your expectation during your stay.
Aleksandar M.