Royalton New York Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$135
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$144
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$211
$206
  • Pool
$134
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$210
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$170
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

2,479 results
All reviewsloft suitetimes squarenew yorksoaking tubroom servicebryant parkstandard roomlobby barrain showerlocation is greatmidtown locationgrand central stationfifth avenuean upgradetwo blocksthe theater districtstreet noise
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Perfect base from which to explore New York City. Went with my daughter for a short break to celebrate her 21st. WE could not have had a better location.
Offered an upgrade when initial room had slight problem with air con. Suite we were offered was sensational!
Happy hour at the bar and the cocktails were wonderful…loved the Pan Am my new favourite!
Minimalist decor and discrete but stunning service. Want to go back!!

Room Tip: Rooms are not large in general so if you want a large room go for a superior room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KatieMcD5
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Wow what an amazing review – thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I am so pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us so much. It is always so great to read that our style, décor and especially our service hits the mark! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have had stayed at the Royalton many times before, although back when it and me were younger. However, I thought it might be a great place to take the family for my son's 18th birthday.

I had trouble making reservations over the phone: the woman who answered booked us into the Hudson and kept quoting me a higher rate than what you see on teh 'net. I ended up making the reservations online and holding my breath. We booked the Spring to Life, which promised a room upgrade. Well, they upgraded 2 of the rooms, which was fine, all things considered, and fine since one of the upgrades was to the Penthouse Suite. Lovely big, big room with a gorgeous liviing area with a curved glass ceiling: perfect at night! But the room looked as tired as the dark, dark lobby: the mirrored cocktail tables screamed "80s. " You almost expected Tad Allagash to show up with Brazilian marching powder and a Bloomie's buyer to jingle " Things go better with coke." Speaking of soda, I went to open a soda and couldn't find a bottle opener. And even though the place had a small kitchen, there were no utensils. I found the waste basket only by opening the dishwasher ( the adjoining cabinet had no pulls). Don't get me wrong, at the package rate the room was extraordinary. The only other complaint was the continental breakfast with its sad collection of breads and cereals: you get better at a Hilton or Holiday Inn.

The staff was, as usual, attentive, welcoming and friendly. If it was just me, I might go there again. But with the wife or other family members, I would go to any of the hotels on the block first ( Iroquois, Chatwal, etc) . We just don't go to NYC enough to accept mediocre.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony P

Thank you for your review. It is always interesting to hear from guests who have not stayed with us in a while. Firstly I apologize that you had problems making your reservation, I have shared your feedback with our reservations department in order that we may improve this experience for our guests. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy the overall design and décor of the hotel, both in the lobby and in the Penthouse. While we are very proud of our unique and iconic design we do recognize that it is not to everyone’s taste. I was however particularly pleased to read that you found the staff to be attentive, welcoming and friendly and I hope that this alone will tempt you to come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The staff was great and the location was perfect!! Very close to anything you want to do in Midtown and the Theatre District!! The room was clean and perfect for what we needed it for. Wish we could have stayed longer!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lsulaw91
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us and I am delighted that you had such a good stay. I hope that you will be able to come back and visit us again soon and stay for longer this time!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Needs Updating and CLEANING- Elevators were dirty. Carpeting filthy- looked like there was blood (maybe from someone's period,) . Make up mirror had dirt and dust from the previous year. NOT IMPRESSED. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank phxbear1

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel. I was surprised and disappointed to read that you felt that the hotel was dirty and can absolutely assure you that is not the case. We take great pride in our standards and do everything we can to ensure that they are maintained to the highest level. Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We just returned from a lovely, if not soggy, weekend in New York. The Royalton was an excellent hotel, and we definitely stay there again. Although the stay was not perfect, the issue was dealt with promptly and respectfully. We booked the hotel directly with them, many weeks before arriving. We arrived around dinner time, and dropped off our bags in our room and ran out to meet friends for dinner. We did not return until late, and it was only until the morning that we actually assessed the room. The room itself was tiny, which is not unexpected in NYC. Although small, it was very cool! But, when I opened the drapes to let in some natural light, I was shocked that not only was there a wall right up against our window, but I could not even see the sky!! When we went downstairs for breakfast, I felt the need to mention this to the front desk. Hallie was wonderful to deal with and switched our room without question or delay. We were much happier with our new room, and felt satisfied with the outcome. The rest of the staff we encountered were friendly and extremely helpful. The wait staff at both the bar and the restaurant were attentive, the door men were more than willing to run out in the rain to hail cabs, and Peter at the front desk was great! All and all, we were very happy with The Royalton, and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Do not stay in 401 if you like natural light!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Devorah S

Thank you for the review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly gratified to read that while you did experience a problem with your room allocation it was solved quickly for you and the team all went out of their way to ensure you had a good stay. I hope to see you again when you next return to New York.