“Fabulous hotel , Great location”

Royalton New York Hotel
Ranked #251 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel , Great location”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the royalton for our honeymoon , it was amazing, our room was spacious, we had a soaking tub, the rooms were clean, the hotel was in a great location with time square and fifth avenue nearby, also the staff were so nice and could not be more helpful !

• Stayed March 2014
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I am so pleased that you chose Royalton to celebrate your honeymoon and that you had such a great time. I hope you will return to us for your first anniversary – if not before!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went back to NYC for a fourth time (previously stayed at the Waldorf and Barclay) with a friend who was visiting for the first time, and I have to say that I think this is the perfect location in midtown for visiting a lot of the tourist sites (Times Square, Rockefeller, Radio City etc.). Lots of little bars and restaurants close by if you don't want to travel too far after a day of sightseeing, I recommend a trip to tonic bar, was good fun and good value if you stick to the beer!

It was great to walk in off of the freezing streets into the warm lobby/bar which always seemed to have a few people sipping cocktails after work. The bed was as comfortable as I have slept in and loved the deluge shower, you could say it was a bit noisy in the morning but I think that is just NYC. Staff were great and the room looked like new everyday.

The only thing that I would have liked is a barbell in the gym. The gym is a room with 3/4 treadmills, a couple of bikes, a pully, a bench and a selection of dumbells, enough for most...but I like my workouts.

Overall a great hotel, that allows for a great NYC break. If you have chance pop to a little coffee shop called Gregory's a couple of buildings away on 44th Street...best coffee I have had!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and all it has to offer. We very much look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the city.
Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Excellent hotel, location and staff.
Many employees went out of their way to please us. The cleaning staff was awesome. I never thought I'd right that in a hotel review! The bed was perfect, room clean and well appointed. The work-out equipment and facility was compact but also well done.
We walked to Times Square, Central Park, Theaters, Rockefeller Plaza, Park Ave shopping, Radio City, NBC, FOX, ABC, Grand Central Terminal, other subway stations, TKTS and a billion restaurants and bars.
We will look first to the Royalton when returning to NYC.

Room Tip: Book early for two queen beds. City view only, south face is modern, north is classic and cool.The a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank megalomatt
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything that the hotel had to offer. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in New York
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Royalton for 6 nights. The hotel is in an excellent location and the staff were friendly and attentive. The check in procedure is slightly confusing with concealed booths off the bar but this is only a very minor criticism - says as much for my failing eyesight as anything. I would say for the price it is very good value and worth a recommendation. The Algonquin right across the road is well worth popping into for drinks - very clubby and traditional.

Stayed March 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, it was particularly gratifying to read that you found the staff to be friendly and attentive. Thank you for recommending us !
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to NY at the end of February with another couple. The Royalton has a fantastic location, generous room sizes for NY, a comfy bed, and great bathrooms! I loved the cozy feel of the lobby with the large contemporary fireplaces. We will definitely stay there next time we go to NY!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlexisWag
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel’s style and décor as well as our great location. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I went her for her Birthday. Have been to NYC once a year for shopping, shows, games, etc. Have stayed at the Hilton, and Marriott and other 4-5 star hotels. The customer service everyday, from checking in, the the bell hops were outstanding. Very friendly and helpful group. The hotel is in a good location and the rooms where very good. On par with the top hotels. Would def stay again - based on the service!!
Great staff! Bar area crazy at night, very cool place. Even gave us free drinks for my wifes birthday.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade - they did for us was great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CVKL
VictoriaStewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I am so delighted that you and your wife had such a great time at the hotel. It is always great to read when we help to make a special occasion memorable. I look forward to the time you have cause to celebrate in the City, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel then.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Royalton is in the perfect location. Right in the center of New York City. It is only steps away from Times Square and Broadway.
It's a very nice boutique hotel. The lobby decor is dark, but that is the intimate setting of the hotel. We did notice that the leather furniture in lobby was a little worn and even had a few tears. Rooms are very plain. It seems unfinished due to lack of artwork or any wall hangings, but that didn't take away from our stay.
We stayed in a decent sized room with a fireplace and an awesome bathroom. The room was very clean, but lacking a coffee maker which was a very big disappointment for us.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Over all we had a great 6 day stay here and was very satisfied.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 6isenoughforme
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and the intimate style of the hotel. It is also great to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next stay in the city.