Royalton New York Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$634
$617
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
2,449 results
All reviewsloft suitetimes squarenew yorksoaking tubroom servicebryant parkstandard roomlobby barrain showerperfect locationmidtown locationgrand central stationfifth avenuean upgradetwo blocksrockefeller centerstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this room for our anniversary. Overall, the hotel is gorgeous, and being a hotel in NYC, the rooms here were THE perfect size. Any other rooms we've stayed at in NYC were tiny and we could barely move around... but this was pretty spacious. Between decor and size, the room was perfect. Not to mention, the soaking bathtub was BEAUTIFUL. We always try to look for a place with a nice tub, and this one has definitely been the nicest one we've seen yet. The best part of our stay wasn't even how beautiful this place was (although a huge plus), but the Royalton staff was truly amazing. The customer service here is top notch. We came in early to drop off our bags to the concierge and went around to our Broadway show. Coming back and checking in, the front desk apologized for the wait and gave us two complimentary drinks at the bar. They even delivered the drinks to our room! On top of that, we made friends with one of the door men later on in the evening, and next thing you know he and the hotel sent us a complimentary gift to our room. It was a white wine bottle with a berries fruit platter, along with a card saying "To the happy couple... Happy 2-year anniversary.. Love, Phil, Rebecca, and the Royalton Family." The phenomenal customer service doesn't even end there.. Calling the front desk late at night, I asked if by any chance they had any cigarettes available for purchase. I was expecting a simple no, as no hotel probably would... But the front desk got one of their staff members to run out and deliver it to our room. Honestly, THE best experience I've ever had. I would like to thank the Royalton staff for making our anniversary very special and truly romantic. The next morning, I didn't even want to leave. It was like the perfect dream getaway. It is definitely going to be our go-to next time we decide to stay in NYC! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia D
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for such a fabulous review. I am thrilled to hear you had such a memorable experience here at Royalton. We strive to make every stay special and unique, and I know our team is proud to hear it was “by far the best experience” for you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We're just home from visiting this hotel for the second time and absolutely loved it again!
We first visited this hotel in May 2010 on our first trip to New York and found the location of the hotel absolutely wonderful, its right in the heart of everything and provides the most perfect location for exploring everything that Manhattan has to offer.
Both times we stayed we got a room with a huge round bath tub and the most powerful rain shower. The rooms are small, which you come to expect from New York but the beds are large with huge pillows and are so incredible comfortable. I loved the little touches like the Ipad with wifi in the room to use during your stay,the iPhone docking system, the large TV and I thought it was nice that they leave a European adaptor in the room for your use (especially as we had forgotten one! ).
I would say the mood lighting in the hotel (which is quite dark) takes a little getting used to but really when visiting New York I think most visitors are like us and are too busy exploring the city to spend much time in the hotel!
I feel I should mention the staff are really friendly and helpful and we will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a round tub!
1  Thank nicola c

I am so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay. It sounds like you really enjoyed our central location, relaxing bathrooms, and convenient minibar items. We always love welcoming our guests back and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Our room was quiet - no noise from guests in other rooms although the hotel was full. The staff was nice and helpful. The concierge gave us directions to a nearby restaurant we were interested in. When we checked out in the morning we still had some sightseeing to do and they told us they could keep our bags in a locked area (no charge). This was nice to not have to haul the bags around all day before our evening flight. Really a nice place, safe, quiet and clean. The decor was like a contemporary cruise ship and was relaxing. It was more spacious than I expected! Convenient to Times Square and subway stations.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor which is actually the lowest floor with guest rooms. The HVAC unit (I think that's what it was) was in an area outside our room but it wasn't noisy.
1  Thank Monica W

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Royalton. It sounds like our team really made your stay special and that you had the chance to take advantage of our great location. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked this hotel for a short honeymoon break to New York - The hotel, room and location were all excellent, as was the atmosphere in the lobby/bar. The staff we also super and the champagne and chocolates in the room were a nice touch. You will not find a better location/hotel for a short city break to New York.

Room Tip: We chose a loft room with a city view - the room was spacious and the was bathroom lovely but unfortunately it was not quite the city view we expected - it was opposite hotel and block!!
1  Thank Richard D

Thank you for such a great review. We are thrilled to have been a part of your Honeymoon and are so happy to hear you enjoyed our prime location and welcoming lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My boyfriend booked this hotel for a weekend getaway for my birthday. He did a great job! The hotel is less than 2 blocks away from times square, a short walk to Central Park and about 20 blocks (a short cab ride) from the Empire State Building. The hotel is very modern, with sleek design. It is dark in the lobby but it adds to the ambiance of the bar feel at night. We had a basic room which was not huge but big enough for the two of us for two nights. I found enough space to put my things away and the closet was surprisingly large. I found the bed very comfortable and there was also a small couch in the room. Having the iPad with free internet access was great to look up destinations or restaurants. Everything was very clean and the staff was excellent, all very nice and accommodating. Our room was diagonally across from the elevators but we didn't notice any excessive noise during any time of the day or night we were in the hotel. We had a drink at the bar one night which was good, if a little pricey. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant. My only suggestion would be to self park at the lot next door, not use the valet, as it saves a lot of money. There is a garage on the right immediately before the hotel. We didn't see that until after we valeted our car but probably would have paid half of what we did.

1  Thank sox33
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We are thrilled to be a part of your birthday celebration. It sounds like you really took advantage of our prime location and enjoyed our welcoming lobby bar. We hope you’ll join us again soon!