“Excellent overall”

Ranked #248 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Ireland
“Excellent overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is of a very high standard. The rooms, bathrooms etc are very nicely presented and the staff are excellent. It is in a great location for all the attractions in NY. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation. I am so please to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, friendly team members, and central location. I hope you will join us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in a 9th floor suite in October. On the up side, the rooms spacious and the staff was courteous. On the negative: shower was never warmer than tepid, there was a lack of mirrors aside from the bathroom, limited bathroom counter space, and the electronic lock broke in early hours, requiring a long wait in the hallway until the locksmith could open it. Additionally, the room charges were incorrect on the bill. Overall, a pretty hotel, but nothing to rave about.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Carriecas
My apologies for the frustrations you experienced during your stay at Royalton. From the water temperature in your shower to your final bill it seems as though we missed the mark, and I am sorry for that. I hope you will give us a second chance to give you the proper Royalton experience.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

just love staying here - the front desk is so helpful, the rooms cool and stylish and calm - a great oasis in the noisy city. Oh, and my bf proposed to me there, so it will always be a romantic place in my heart.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your engagement, Royalton is ecstatic to have been a part of such a memorable moment in your life. We look forward to having you and your fiancé stay with us again soon.
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great hotel and services. Beautifull, cozy, brilliant location close to Time Square and 5th Av.
The staff is very good. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay there again for another trip to New York City.

1 Thank VBecattini
Thank you for your recommendation. I am so pleased to hear you had such a great stay. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
Le Claire, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm so glad we booked the Royalton for my first trip to New York! Still rattled from the crazy cab experience from Laguardia to the hotel, my jaw dropped the minute the concierge opened the dark red double doors. The inside decor was stunning.

After a quick check-in with the friendly staff, we made our way to the elevators and up to the 8th floor. We found our room at the end of the hall and couldn't believe our eyes when we opened the door. We were expecting a tiny New York hotel room, but our room was huge! And the bathroom...I could go on and on about the awesome "disco shower".

We stayed for four days/nights. During that time we had a great stay and only had a couple of negative experiences. The first was that it seemed as though everyday, our door key card kept resetting, so we had to go all the way back down to the front desk to have them issue a new card. Not a big deal for the most part, but after a long day of walking all over the city, walking all the way back down to have the card reset was a minor annoyance.

The second issue we had was that everyday when we were ready to leave (10:30-11am), the hallway wreaked of cigarette smoke. Maybe it was a neighboring room, I'm not sure, but considering we were on the "Pure" floor, it was a little bit of a turn-off.

But, those were our only negative experiences. The positives by far outweighed the negatives. We had clean towels and linens everyday. The room was extremely spacious and clean. The outside noise was next to nothing. The bed was super comfy. And the bathtub/shower....WOW!!!!!

I highly recommend staying at the Royalton. I will surely be back the next time I'm in NYC!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sheltonang
I am so please we had the chance to be a part of your first New York City experience. I apologize that you experienced some frustrations with your room key and that you were negatively affected by another smoking guest. Overall it sounds like you had a great stay at Royalton, and we hope to see you again soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was my first trip to New York for a holiday, but I have stayed in lots of Hotels for work in the USA, and the small Boutique hotel was a real fresh change, beautifully designed and unique. No faceless standard boring hotel group here. The location is brilliant, close to the "ROCK" and Time Square, but the street is quite so no problem sleeping. The staff were great, Justin the Food & Bev Manager gave us some fantastic recommendations for restaurants & bars. The bar staff really looked after us to, super friendly and good fun, and always happy to help and give out recommendations. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay there again for another trip to New York City.

Room Tip: We had the Queen Deluxe, which is just one up from standard and it was very nice, good size.
1 Thank Tiffany S
I am thrilled you chose Royalton for your first trip to New York. It sounds like you took full advantage of our prime location and really enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Returned to New York after a ten year gap to stay here and can't wait to go back. Arrived late one Friday evening to a speedy check-in from smiling and efficient staff. Straight down to Forty Four (the hotel bar and restaurant) that had a great buzz but was relaxing at the same time. Stayed in a superb penthouse room and service across the board - cleaning, concierge, restuarant and reception - was first class. The central location makes exploring the city so much easier. The hop-on, hop-off bus tours leave from Times Square a five minute walk away. Do not use the Go New York Tours - guys in green jackets will stop and try to sell you tickets. They offer a good deal but do not have enough buses to fulfil it. The best service is CityToursNY - red buses, plenty of them and excellent tour guides. New York might not sleep but you get a restful night at the Royalton after long tourist days.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am thrilled to welcome you back to New York. It sounds like you had a great trip and that Royalton was the perfect place to retreat to after a busy city day. I hope you won’t wait another ten years before you visit us again.