“New York CIty”

Royalton New York Hotel
Ranked #268 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here with my sister and we enjoyed it! The staff was helpful and gave great advice for places to eat! The bartender, Albert, was awesome! He had great stories, was enthusiastic and very good at tending bar! The guys at the front door were professional and helpful! I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I am so happy you and your sister had a good time at Royalton. It sounds like our team made your stay extra special; I hope the two of you will come back and visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Royalton New York Hotel

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and me spent 3 nights in Royalton New York from Sep 14th to 17th 2012.
As the title states the location is really good, walking in 5 mins to Times Squares and Broaddway Theathers, 2 mins for 5th Avenue, 15 mins to Central Park or Grand Central and 5 mins to Subway (42nd St / Times Square).
People at the entrance are nice and helps you to identify where to check-in and takes care of your baggage.
Room we got was standard at 15th floor. No view except for a stair and a window for the next building. At beggining it looks dark the room, but once you know where lights are you can change that.
Your room has an iPad 1 with internet access, and google maps are a good tool there too. Hopefully they would have added some Subway app.
Internet for each of your devices is 10USD per 24hrs but is not exactly fast.
We got breakfast right across the street every day at a place called The Red Flame which is really good and cheap.
Bathroom is nice with a modern desing.
Flat TV with HD channels.
We found candles in the room so you can turn ir romantic.
Generally speaking is a nice place to stay, but since we only used it to sleed I felt it was a bit expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed our prime location, modern design, and in-room iPads. I hope you and your wife will join us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

A little pricey but sexy Midtown Hotel with chic lobby bar sure to impress tourists and locals, alike. Some rooms have fireplaces and soaking tubs. Excellent Midtown location. If you can stomach the room cost, definitely an impressive, hip New York City Hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2011
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for such a kind review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our welcoming lobby, comfortable rooms, and central location. Please join us again the next time you visit New York.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have stayed here twice, first in 2010 e second in 2012. Both ocasions we have a great time. Great location, very nice decoration and the Bed is extremely comfortable . Interior very clean and quit.
Service was nice, polite and gave us some tips of nice things to do. I´d definitely would stay again when coming back to Ny.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you chose to stay at Royalton again. We always love welcoming back guests and hope you’ll join us again the next time you are in New York City.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I booked the room through Priceline, for an evening, so that we could go to a concert and stay over in the city. It was wonderful. Though the room was small (which is what I expected) it was not the smallest I have stayed in, in Manhattan. The design of the room was excellent - the shower was wonderful. I like to make my own coffee, no coffeemaker in the room but I have been told they will provide a coffeemaker for me the next time I stay. the location was perfect as we could walk to the concert and to Grand Central.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Royalton. As you mentioned, we are more than happy to provide coffee makers upon request. Please contact us prior to your next visit so that we can have one ready for you.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Location, Location, Location..... this hotel was in a perfect spot. So close to Times Square, 5th Ave. and just about everything I needed to do/see on my (too short) visit. Room was very clean and modern. I loved the shower, and the bed was crazy comfortable. The room even came with it's own iPad for ordering room service, check out, etc....

This would be the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway, and room even came stocked for just such an occasion, but since I was there for business, I didn't get to take advantage!

The lobby was very dark and at first I didn't even see the registration desk, but once I figured it out, no problems. And the staff was sooo nice, even suggesting places for me to take my clients for a photoshoot.

Would I stay there again, absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such an amazing review. I am so glad you enjoyed our central location, modern rooms, and friendly team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you like (small) rooms with nice design then this is the right place. Personnally i get a bit tired of this Stark mania, but then it'spart of the NY experience. Service was actually good (for NY standards) and we were given a room with a small balcony (no bath), after having had to decline a room with a view on a brick wall. Noise isolation was not optimal: even though window were well isolated the door to the balcony was not...but then NYC is super quiet after 10 PM. The lobby is also very special- we liked the style even though the dimed lights make you feel asleep rather than wanting to party. Location is great for Times square, mid town banking business and shopping on Mad. Among the stylish hotels one that i can recommend.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I am so pleased you enjoyed our iconic design, attentive staff, and prime location. We are thrilled with your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.