“Great stay!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great stay!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had a great experience at the Hotel. It was my first time there and I felt very well greeted. The staff is amazing! David (who was the main concierge while I was there) was very helpful and kind. Since i'm from Brasil I was very pleased to know that he spoke portuguese. I will definitely recommend the hotel to all my friends!
Thanks so much,
Rosangela Pinto
(Viviane Abitbol)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us RosangelaP. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about David. He is our Chef Concierge and one of New York's finest. We'll be sure to pass on the feedback to him. Safe travels back to Brazil and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

As a long time customer of The Regency, I was at a loss when they closed for renovations. The year long wait was worth every minute. The property is spectacular. From the beautiful lobby, restaurant, it is all beautiful. The photos of the new rooms do not do them justice. The design, colors, and layout are wonderful.
The bathroom is beyond incredible with marble and space and soft towels and wonderful bath products. The bed is truly one of the most comfortable I have every slept in.
The staff, many that have returned, are so welcoming and do anything to make your stay special and feel like you are truly part of the family.
Upon my arrival there was a nice note from Mallory Jolly, VIP Manager and a bottle of chilled wine with fruit to enjoy. 2 nights later another "welcome back" note from Adrian Norbury, Director of Sales and Marketing. He had been very helpful during my booking process.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel and staff.
The hotel business in NY can be very competitive and traveling is not fun for anyone these days, but this hotel and staff make it all enjoyable and comfortable to travel as I do across the country. So happy to be back at my home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback lenorasf! We're so glad you returned to your New York home here at Loews Regency. We're very happy to have you back and delighted our team took such good care of you. We will pass on your best wishes to Mallory and Adrian. Come back and see us soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Recently had the opportunity to stay at the Loews Regency in NYC for a work conference. From check-in to check-out, I couldn't have asked for a lovelier group of professionals to interact with making my stay more than just a place to sleep- they made it an experience. Helpful, resourceful and fun, the Loews team were quick to make sure I was accommodated during the impending snowstorm and they ended up having to take me on an extra 2 nights; they did so without batting an eyelash! Angel, Chet & the entire front of house team were engaging, full of personality and made me feel like I was just hanging out with friends.

The renovation of this hotel is a sight to behold and you will absolutely be charmed and impressed not only by the team but the incredible look and feel of the property. The rooms are nothing short of spectacular with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and plenty of space to store your luggage (and shopping...it is Manhattan). The bathroom even had one of those mirror tv's! You are getting every dollar's worth staying here and being a stone's throw away from Central Park and all the highlights of the Upper East Side make this an absolute must stay.

Because my experience was so fantastic, I wrote a note to the Managing Director and he personally reached out to me to say thanks- something he did NOT have to do. This crew is truly dedicated to making sure guests have everything they need and they appreciate your business. If you are looking for a fantastic place to stay in NYC with first-class amenities, awesome location and amazing coffee (Sant Ambroeuse is right in the hotel), do not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review Jenni, we really appreciate you taking the time.

I will make sure Angel and Chet get to see your comments and we are very proud to have a great team of committed hospitality professionals working on our team.

I love the beds too!

Adrian Norbury
Director of Sales & Marketing
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for one night and wish I had booked longer, and will in the future. Whereas most city properties offer smaller rooms, the Loews had oversized rooms! I booked a room with two double beds. The room was very big and had a balcony which I was able to enjoy with the 55 degree weather! The decorations are perfect and the bathroom vanity is GORGEOUS!
The hotel is beautiful and comfortable without making you feel out of place. The Front Desk was able to get me checked in at 9:30 am instead of just storing luggage. In Room Dining was delicious and Jaime whom delievered my food was a delight! He gave me some history about the hotel and seemed very happy to be back post renovation.
If you have time, you must grab some dessert at the bar. The Popcorn dish and the Chocolate Toffee dishes were incredible. David was our server and he was the most down to earth and inviting bartender!
Special thank you to Gianluca and Rita (believe that was her name) for giving us a tour around the restaturant and just adding to the amazing hospitality!
I can't wait to be back personally and have already recommended this property to friends and family! Job very well done.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Rebecca - thank you so much for your really kind review. I am really pleased you enjoyed the design of the hotel, but most of all your comments about our service. I will pass on your thanks to Jaime, Rita and David as I know they will really appreciate being mentioned.

I was glad you enjoyed dessert - Jeff our pastry chef is really talented and chocolate is always a great way to end the day.

Thanks again
Adrian Norbury
Director of Sales & Marketing
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Loews Regency literally and figuratively straddles The Upper East Side and Midtown. Technically, it’s located in the UES, but it’s just two blocks north of the boundary. This means you get the convenience of a Midtown hotel with the (relative) quiet and old New York style of an Upper East Side hotel.

If you’re familiar with the Loews brand you might understandably expect it to be on the trendy / boutiquey side of things, as is the case with their newer hotels and their famous Miami Beach property. In fact, it’s more like those hotels’ older, more sophisticated brother. I would say it competes with the St. Regis or the Pierre more so than the trendy boutique hotels.

My room was a great combination of stylish and relaxing. In addition to plenty of electrical / USB outlets, my room featured a huge television that I could tune from my iPhone. I had a huge, marble, walk-in shower, with Julian Farel products. I have no idea who Julian Farel is, but he makes great soap.

As mentioned in other reviews , they have just completed a huge renovation. While I stayed shortly following their re-opening, any remaining issues were invisible to me. I can tell you that most of the “user pictures” appear to be from before the renovation.

As a frequent traveler, who is fortunate to be able to stay in nice hotels, good customer service is pretty much par for the course. That being said, there’s a difference between good, but perfunctory, customer service and customer service that comes from a genuine desire to make people happy. In my experience, that desire usually comes from experienced professionals who are happy in their jobs. I can tell you that most of the employees at the Loews Regency seem to be genuinely happy in their jobs, and it shows. I’ll trade a hundred insincere “my pleasures” for one sincere “good morning.”

Room Tip: Loews is pretty good at monetizing the marginal differences in rooms, but if you have a choice, a co...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim V
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback Jim V! As you rightly point out regarding our location, we like to say we are a Midtown Manhattan destination offering the benefits of a chic residential Park Avenue address. We think we have the best address in town!

As for Julien Farel, he does make great soap; he's also known for great haircuts! His 10,000 square foot Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa will be opening shortly at Loews Regency, and we are excited to be able to offer his branded amenities in our guest rooms.

We are also happy you noticed the difference in our customer service. Our team have spent a considerable amount of hours in training on being a New York insider, able to deliver the very best in personal service and curated experiences. Our team certainly do enjoy their jobs, and we're glad that shows through! Please come back and visit us soon when you're next in New York.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had the extreme fortune of staying at this beautiful hotel with my daughter. I was taken aback by how friendly the ENTIRE staff was to both of us. We had never been to NY before, and this hotel was the epitome of New York Art Deco. The room was extremely spacious, and the very quite! We also had breakfast in the restaurant, and our waiter was AMAZING! He was the essence of NY hospitality, and being from Texas--we know hospitality. We were walking distance to the Central Park Zoo, and were able to see a great 4D movie while at the zoo that the concierge recommended--great recommendation. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else ever again. If you're in town for business or pleasure this is, hands down, the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Genfitjean
Thank you for your feedback Genfitjean! We're so happy you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us here in New York. We are certainly very proud of our New York Art Deco look. Please come back and see us again soon!
Brookline, MA
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The newly renovated Regency in NY is incredible! All new Lobby, Restaurant, and Rooms! They didn't spare any expense in this $100,000,000 renovation. They had been closed for a year and we couldn't wait for them to reopen. The Bellman, Justin, recognized me and welcomed me to the hotel. He and the front desk staff including the Concierge were terrific in responding to any of our requests. The restaurant and bar are are very modern in design. This was a needed update from the tired lounge and restaurant preceding the renovation. The location at Park Ave and 61st Street is a very convenient address to stay at. Madison Ave shopping is just around the corner.
We will be going back soon!

Room Tip: We had Room 1201. Perfect, but I am certain that with all rooms renovated, they are all GOOD!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank denbro
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We are very proud of our newly re-imagined hotel! We'll certainly pass your thanks onto Justin, our Bellman and let him know how much he impacted your guest experience. Come back and see us soon!