Hotel Plaza Athenee
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$180
GardenInn.com
$134
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$284
$242
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

All reviewsupper east sidecentral parkmadison avenuenew yorkroom service breakfastquiet streetstar propertymarble bathroomsmall hotelcharming hotelturn down servicehome away from homebrick wallconcierge desklocation is fantastictwo blocksupon check
Reviewed December 25, 2011

A fast getaway for 2 days in the city. The hotel was elegant and immaculate. The service was beyond fantastic where nothing is a problem and you feel very special but you know they really mean it. Location is key and it doesn't get better than this. What a hidden gem in NYC.....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank faige
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Checked into this $800/nigh hotel expecting the 5 star treatment (think Four Seasons). Well it was not that. First room they showed me for $800 was about 150 sq.ft. and was directly next to the air conditioning exhausts. I finally had to speak to the manager to get a room that did not over look the AC apparatus. Turns out all the rooms are extremely small from my outlook. Hotel is dated and in need of a redo. Kinda like something out of the 1960's. The bed was comfortable and linen nicely done. Lobby is also tiny and can get very congested. We wanted to eat at a German restaurant but the Hotel concierge told us there were none around due to the fact that New Yorkers do not like German food! All and All I was not overly impressed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Matrixinc
Athenee, Manager at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for your honest feed-back-I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations. We have redone most guest rooms in 2010 and will do the remainder in 2012 and our rooms have a range of 285-460 sf. I have addressed the restaurant issue with the concierge who is extremely sorry for not being able to provide appropriate recommendations-there certainly are a number of options.
I would be happy to discuss this further and make up for your disappointment-please feel free to contact me at swurst@plaza-athenee.com.

Sebastian Wurst
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Feel like you are lucky enough to live in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, steps from Madison and 5th Avenue, Central Park, shopping, dining and museums....yet discreetly located on a quiet residential avenue. The service and surroundings are top notch and we were treated like the royalty that has been known to stay here....we even had Veuve on ice in our room and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival!! A wonderful way to kick off our weekend getaway in the city. I definitely hope to stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Millpond05
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Some of the best service I've ever had at a hotel. It was a pleasure to stay at the Athenee. Special mention to Jason who took care of the late night room service and kept the bar open after hours for us to enjoy nightcaps after some long days working.

I would absolutely stay at the Plaza Athenee again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DrewiswerD
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I was in NYC for 10 days and I had a chance to stay at a few hotels.
My award goes to Plaza Athenee and I think this hotel deserves it.

The location is pretty exclusive, residential neighbourhood, more calm then midtown. You can walk to very nice places or you have the underground if you need to be more fast.

The check is wonderful, sitting down in a lounge area, more relaxed than the check in counter.
My room was a perfect balance of tradition and modern elegance.

I visited the SPA and unluckily I had no time to use it. Will do next time.

Last but not least, every member of the team made me feel home every single moment.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business