“Elegant, beautiful and relaxing”

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Ranked #18 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I went to celebrate my anniversary with my hubby. The Pierre is an exquisite, gorgeous hotel. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and attentive. Front desk was very pleasant. They have elevator operators and doormen, and room service workers that make you feel special. The room was clean, beautiful, and had a great view. We had some delicious food, and the turn down service was great. I would definitely recommend this upscale hotel to anyone looking for a Special place to relax while staying in the city.
LOVED IT....

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,870)

Reviewed January 11, 2010

I live in NYC and treated my husband to a weekend stay at The Pierre to celebrate his 40th birthday - it could not have been more perfect. From dropping off luggage early and having it waiting in our room, to the staff at Le Caprice wishing my husband a happy birthday, the service could not have been more personal, discreet or appreciated. The location is perfect - being able to walk straight into the park, the property beautiful and the room (1219 - a city view suite) warm, luxurious and perfectly appointed. It is a long time since I have had such an amazing stay at a hotel - and dinner at le Caprice was a joy on both nights. Great food, fantastic ambiance and great value for money. Really couldn't rate this any higher. If you're looking for a 'special' place to stay - look no further than The Pierre.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I started my trip staying at The Alex Hotel... Well, after 2 days staying in that TERRIBLE hotel, I gave up and start looking for other options. Finally I was between Jumeirah, The Pierre and The Palace. The Palace was much more expensive and was out of the contest. Finally although I liked Jumeirah moore, The Pierre was charging for a better room the same that Jumeirah was charging for a standard room.
At The Pierre, I noticed that everyone there is very polite and they really do care about you. Great staff! The room is very good, not a Encore at Wynn room, but a 5 star room.
What I dislike was:
a) It´s a little bit confuse the hall of entrance... You´ve to take a few moments to "learn" where everything is.
b) It´s outrageous what they charge for using the internet. US$2.00 per minute!!! Plus 0.95 per page B&W you prited.
c) They charge for everything... And a lot! For example: I rented a limo in NY with a driver. With them, the cost per 2 hours was US$179.00 and I payid at CARmel Company US$99.00 for the same service.

Finally, what can I say? It´s a good hotel, but I would recommend ONLY if you can get a reasonable NY price (because NY is differente from everywhere else). If you can afford, stay at the Ritz at Central Park. If you can´t, try to stay in Trump (normally they have good prices). And if even that is expensive, stay at The Wellington Hotel.
I already stayied in more than 10 differente hotels in NY and I can say The Pierre is a Top 5. The only one I would definitely recommend to avoid is The Alex Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HCABraz
Reviewed December 8, 2009

This hotel has to be one of the finest in the world. It imposes itself onto fifth avenue, the rooms are magnificent and the service is excellent. However it is certanily not cheap, but you get what you pay for in life, and the Pierre is worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I loved this hotel. The Taj Pierre is a perfect hotel and even a better location. The food was great and I ordered room service a lot as I have two young kids - the food was excellent and always warm. I loved the location - me and the kids walked right out the front doors into Central Park. Lovely beds as well.:)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2009

Taj Hotels are normally very good. They make guests feel special. Despite the very high cost per night- above $600- I chose this Hotel for a stay of 7 nights , expecting the Taj level of service and all round excellence. This Hotel was nowhere near that, despite its super fancy name and reputation as The Pierre. The service in general was pedestrian. The Manager at Le Caprice- the main restaurant had an off putting attitude. When I went to check out the restaurant- he accosted me and said "Can I help you" in a clearly unwelcoming manner . He repeated my answer of " Looking" and kept staring at me.
The Bar and informal eating place had a very limited choice of cold food. Only one person at the Concierge was well informed and helpful

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Honeygatherer
Reviewed November 18, 2009

The Pierre is one of New York's most iconic hotels and the Taj group have done a wonderful job in restoring the property to its former glory. I stayed for a few nights in early November and could not have been more enchanted. The location has always been beyond perfect, but the refurbishment that has been brought to both the public spaces and rooms is a great success. I very much enjoyed the classic yet contemporary feel in the rooms and was impressed with how the bathrooms had been reconfigured. The lobby atmosphere is lovely and only improved by the very charming staff that you come across throughout the hotel. A particular mention must go to the best elevator operators ever! I also shouldn't forget to say that the new restaurant Caprice and the new lobby bar appear to be quite the hot spots as both were busy well into the evening, even on nights earlier in the week when I was staying there. Overall, I hope Taj maintains the impressive efforts currently in place; if so the Pierre will be my only choice in New York.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business