“Fantastic Experience!!”

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Ranked #14 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pierre 5/15-5/18/14. I have nothing but great things to say about this property. Everything from the warm greeting and escort to our room, to the elevator attendants in white gloves....it was all done with excellence. Our room was extremely clean, and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The concierge staff went out of their way to accommodate us and made activities and dinner reservations a breeze. As for location, it is just a quick walk across the street to Central Park, and about a 15 minute walk to Times Square. I highly recommend this property and will be returning on our next visit to New York.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights in New York last week at the Pierre. The hotel and employees were beyond our expectations. Beautiful room, incredible service, warm and elegant. We have stayed at the St. Regis several times in the last year, the Peninsula as well as a Tower suite at the New York Palace.last fall. The Pierre was the best of all from start to finish. From our professional and warm reception upon arrival;( thank you Ryan!) to the finest and most detailed concierge (thank you William!) we have ever had in the city. Our room and service were stunning... We will be back and thrilled to be back in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Booked with an online travel service and got a great rate. Perhaps because of that we were placed on the fourth floor. The room was beautiful but the noise from the AC system for the building was unbearable.

When we relayed this to the front desk we were immediately offered another room, this time on the fifth floor, larger than the first and quiet. Ai and Rosemary, the front desk representatives, were gracious, apologetic, helpful and pleasant, in taking care of our needs. We could not have asked for more.

On arrival at the hotel, at the front door, the reception desk, the elevator attendants, the security personnel - anyone on duty at the Pierre, all were concerned with the safety and happiness of the guests. We arrived as strangers and when we checked out we felt as though we had made new friends.

The location is perfect: Central Park to run in; the subway around the corner; a beautiful view from select rooms and many wonderful shops and restaurants in the neighborhood.

We did have breakfast at Sirio's each morning. Expensive - yes. Delicious - yes. Service par excellence - yes. There are some coffee shops nearby but we opted for the elegance and variety of in house. Worth the choice.

One comment: the bar at night had two musicians. Placed in the corner and without a third counterbalancing musician, it was poor. Suggestion would be to hire a third sideman and place the group in a more prominent position. It would surely encourage people to come and stay while enjoying the opportunity to hear good music in a wonderful landmark hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Pierre for a week as part of our honeymoon - we had an exceptional stay.

I had a city view room, which had excellent views of Central Park. Highlights for me;

- the rooms are superb; some of the best of all the top hotels I have stayed in. Spacious and very we'll equipped with large bathrooms
- the location is as good as it gets in my opinion; on 5th avenue opposite Central Park, right next to a subway station which is 3 stops to Times Square, also very close to many other tourist hotspots....... although when the weather is nice it's hard to drag yourself away from the delights of Central Park!
- Service level - all staff we encountered were friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them. From small details, such as my hairbrush was misplaced and the lady in charge of housekeeping immediately sent out for a replacement ensuring she got the exact specification I needed, to bigger requests such as my sister organising a number of surprises to be in our room for arrival - framed pictures of us, champagne, strawberries and flowers - everything was top quality.

Negatives;
- I could see why some guests may find the elevator attendants to be difficult to get used to, so may be a little off putting for some. We personally didn't find this to be the case; the staff were a delight it get to know and they strike a good balance between discretion and interaction.

We can't wait to return soon!! I can't recommend the hotel highly enough

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky U
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Vicky U,

Congratulations on your recent marriage and for becoming newlyweds! Thank you for spending the time to write a great review for The Pierre. From our service, to our location, and our rooms, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and that you can not wait to come back again.

Indeed, our level of service is not meant for everyone, but our mission is to bring old-style luxury in a modern way. Our elevator attendants, as well as the rest of our team, are some of the kindest people - feel free to start a conversation with them!

Looking forward to hosting you again on your next trip to New York. Wishing you many years of happiness.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Just spent a long weekend in New York City. My husband and I stayed at The Pierre. It was perfect in every way. First of all, the staff was gracious and so kind. We were always met with a smile and everyone was so helpful. Thomas, at the front desk, was especially nice. The location of the hotel was perfect. It is across the street from Central Park and nestled between 5th and Madison. Doesn't get much better than that. Plus, the subway is right next to the hotel. The rooms were so well appointed. Though they were not large, I never felt cramped. The Molton Brown toiletries were a very nice touch. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed several other places in New York, but my new favorite is The Pierre!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear vacationhat,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your husband had a pleasant stay during your long weekend. Our team here at The Pierre is the backbone of what makes our hotel one of the best in New York. Our location is also a guest favorite. With shopping, Central Park and ease of transportation all at your fingertips, it is hard to be disappointed.

It is an honor to be your new favorite hotel in New York. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

So I should start by stating that I had the privilege of staying in a Signature Suite that, typically, I would NOT pay for. (A bit beyond my budget)
We were greeted at the front desk by Michael who, not only checked us in, but also walked us to our room and answered any questions we might have. Typically I like to be left alone....but he had a very nice way about him and I felt immediately comfortable letting him show us around.
The elevators are "operated" by very friendly staff. It is a residence for some as well and you can sense the friendliness. These workers seem to take pride in their jobs!
The location of this property CAN'T be beat. Whether you are going to the Upper East Side or through Mid-town - it is a very easy walk.
The room was magnificent. The cleaning staff was the best I have ever seen. The property, although older, was incredibly well maintained and had a distinguished quality about it.
I was absolutely-completely spoiled on this trip. I felt like the king which is exactly what I needed for this weekend getaway.
Thanks Pierre. I hope I have a chance to come back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear MikeSchlueter72,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. From our room, to our amazing team, to our location, it sounds as though you were able to enjoy all of the luxuries of The Pierre. It is nice to be spoiled every now and then, and feel like royalty from time to time.

When you feel like being royalty again, do come back for another stay with us. Till next time.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed in the Pierre hotel on the 24th of April 2014 for 3 nights.

Three of us stayed in the Pierre including our 11 month old infant and we had travelled from Ireland.

Upon arriving at the hotel via Taxi, we were greeted with numerous nice gentlemen who swiftly took our bags and helped us with the buggy and baby bags etc

When we were ready, we were brought into the reception area where we were equally greeted by nice professional staff. There was a beautiful girl behind the counter(cannot remember name at this point) who came out to our baby straight away and started to play with her and in turn brought her a lovely cuddly toy of which our daughter was thrilled to have.

Check in was a breeze and we were brought swiftly to our room.

The room was beautiful and quiet; just what we wanted after a long flight

Within moments, our bags and baby crib arrived including small baby items in the crib.

We knew straight away that we made the best decision to stay in the Pierre.

We booked the hotel via Magellan luxury hotels and got a good deal.

The hotel as mentioned by other reviewers is located across the road from central park and there is a big Schwarz toy shop just around the corner.

For the coffee drinkers out there-note that by the side of toy shop there is a great coffee shop where you can get your fresh take outs in the morning.

So we stayed in the Pierre for 3 nights and it was just beautiful and each member of staff was just so nice.

The hotel welcomes children of any age and our daughter had great fun interacting with all of them; in fact when I was settling the bill, she was actually in the receptionist hands as they wanted to get a hold.

To sum up the experience we had in the Pierre;

It was relaxing, luxurious and it was like coming home every evening after the mass crowds in the city that never sleeps.

Room Tip: get a room on higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family