The best way to get a favourable review is to upgrade the guest to a suite. The feel good factor alone will ensure the property gets a great review. That is in fact what happened to me. So, I got a fantastic suite, complete with a small sit-out, kitchenette, et al. Of course all this wasted on me since I was travelling single and on business. If this had happened while the wife was with me, I would have impressed her for a change (of course it never happens then). The flipside was that the room did not face Central Park although the property is across the road from the park. Great service with a turndown facility in the evening (I have previously written that you get great service in New York only in hotels exceeding $600 a night) which was a surprise. Breakfast is a weak link (like most top class US hotels) but fortunately there are several diners close by. In fact I think that the lousy breakfast facility in US hotels ensures great business for the diners and Starbucks in the vicinity of such hotels. I would recommend this great New York property for its location, size of rooms, service and contemporary interiors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City