“The best hospitality in New york”

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Ranked #12 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mumbai
“The best hospitality in New york”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

i stayed at Taj Pierre with my family on my last holiday to New York . it had the best hospitality just as the Taj in india. welcoming , warm, great food, wonderful location right opposite Central park, close to all the shopping . Nothing can beat the indian hospitality chains. I now try to book the Taj hotels in all the international destinations i visit.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the central park .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear DeepikaGMumbai,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you found The Pierre to have the same level of attention and care as our other Taj properties. We are sure that you are going to enjoy our other international properties as much as you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you for your next stay in New York.

The Pierre General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently stayed at The Pierre, a Taj Hotel, for 1 night & had an absolutely lovely stay! I arrived early around 10am & checked in with Michael at the Front Desk who was very kind and had my room ready within 15 minutes. He was quite efficient & had a cheerful demeanor- nice first impression. I could tell I was moved from the 20th floor to the 12th floor, but I was very happy to get into my room so quickly, so I was completely fine with a slightly lower floor.

I was in room 1222, which had a partial view of the city, plenty of sunlight streaming in through the windows that opened for fresh air (love this feature!), a large flat screen TV, a lovely closet and desk area, & an amazing bathroom- the bathroom was quite spacious and had a lovely vase with fresh flowers, great soaking tub with plenty of hot water and a great rainfall shower. The Molton Brown Products were lovely, as were the plentiful towels & robes. My room was slightly small, but I adored the layout and I was very comfortable. The bed was absolutely incredible- amazing super soft mattress, lovely linens and fantastic pillows! I slept very well. The room was also quiet and even though the A/C/Heating Unit wasn't working 100%, the temperature in my room was always perfect for me.

I ordered Room Service for several meals- the Breakfast both mornings was impeccable. The Freshly Squeezed Pineapple Juice, absolutely delicious Hashbrowns, Daily Smoothie shot, perfectly cooked eggs, delicious Chicken sausage and very good Gluten Free Toast were all just perfect! I also loved the Linguine Carbonara- the sauce was amazing!!, the roasted chicken, the Grilled Lobster, Chocolate Tart and the super good Crème Brûlée. I also loved the way their Tea service was prepared. I ordered a pot one night and the tea had an amazing flavor and is presented in the Loose Leaf form with a gorgeous little strainer. I loved it! I will note some of the portion sizes were small, but I am completely fine with this-(just something to note). The presentation for all meals was beautiful with stunning little flower displays & beautiful china. Rebecca & Jeffrey were awesome over the phone and very pleasant to speak to. Hector was by far one of the nicest room service servers- I loved chatting with him and you could tell he loved his job!

I really loved the special touches throughout the hotel- complimentary bottled water offered at checkin, the daily smoothie shots for Breakfast room service orders, the loofah sponge by the tub, the super charming and friendly Elevator operators who take you to your floor, the sleek black and white floors in the lobby, the stunning floral arrangements at the Reception Desk & the lovely music left on during turndown service.

Thomas at the Front Desk is awesome!! When I popped down to ask him to please place a Humidifier in my room, he made sure it happened. When I returned from a quick errand, he saw me in the lobby and came over and said it should have been sent up, and if not, he would personally deliver the Humidifier to my room- it was indeed there, but really loved his attention to detail and 100% 5 Diamond service ethic! He was always very friendly and also completed my checkout- he hit all the right notes and was charming, efficient and a pleasure to speak with- thank you so much.

I asked Jason a quick question at the Concierge desk and he could not have been nicer!

I really loved the hotel and was very happy during my stay. The hotel recently received the 5 Star award from Forbes and is also a AAA 5 Diamond Hotel- you can clearly see this, as the service was impeccable and I loved my stay! It's an incredible hotel!

Thank you for an amazing visit! I look forward to another staycation soon!

Best Wishes,
Patrick Winkler
New York, NY

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Pierre is a NYC gem and Taj gave her a much needed upgrade. The rooms are classic with great views everywhere. The staff, all of them, are fantastic. I was charmed by the lovely people working in the elevators, total professionals. Be sure to get room service, their Indian cuisine is top notch, especially the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, of course. Think about the experience you want to have, park or city and then...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BigTrippinNYC,

Thank you! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the renovations that we made, as well as noticed that we kept the 'classic' feel to the hotel and it's rooms. Each of our staff members play a different role in ensuring that guests have the same 5-star experience, and our beloved elevator attendants are definitely a part of that. It is the culmination of our entire staff that gives the full experience to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. There is no better way to enjoy NYC than a specular room with us at The Pierre, and an order of room service.

Sao Paulo
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very well situated, near 5th Avenue and Central Park, the hotel have nice rooms, clean and spacious, but bathrooms are very small.
Staff is polite and helpful. Housekeeping is very efficient. Elevator attendants are very friendly.
Sirio restaurant is very good; the food is delicious but service irregular.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Carmo_Brasil
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel lived up to expectations and from my experience, ticked all the boxes for a hotel in New York - location, restaurant, bar, friendly staff. We had a suite so not sure what the standard rooms are like. We had breakfast in the hotel daily and it was very good standard (both cooked and continental). We ate in the restaurant (Sirios, Italian) one evening and the food was really excellent. The bar is good though lacking being able to sit at the bar itself. Staff throughout were friendly and not pretentious. Our one glitch was a noisy upstairs room (loud TV) but on our complaint was dealt with swiftly and a bottle of wine dispatched to our room to apologise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaOenophile
Dear LaOenophile,

We are happy to hear that your overall experience with us was excellent. Breakfast in-bed is the best way to start your morning in New York before you take a walk across the street to Central Park or down Fifth Avenue, and Sirio Ristorante is a delicious way to end an evening.

Two E Bar/Lounge does not provide seating at the bar itself, but we welcome all of our guests to take a seat at our tables, or stand in front of the bar and mingle with other guests.

We apologize that you had experienced a glitch, but we are glad that it was taken care of in a timely fashion, but we hope that on your next visit with us your stay will be perfection.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a weekend trip to NYC in which we stayed at the Pierre from Friday to Monday morning. The concierge recommended two shows and was able to obtain excellent seats for us. While at the hotel we met Erin who is another concierge who was very welcoming and gave us excellent ideas for our trip. We ate a few meals at Sirios and all the food was first rate. Carmine and Anilese did a great job as our waitstaff. Both are from Italy and are very enthusiastic about their food and culture. The lounge also has excellent high tea, wine and food. Overall the Pierre is a sophisicated oasis of culture and old world sensibilities. It is really more of an old friend than a hotel/

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, the permanent residents are mixed in with the guest and this keeps things q...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Once you enter The Pierre, you will know that this was one of the most glamorous hotels in NYC back then. It's lavish everywhere you look and the service is personal at every turn.

Our room is decently sized and the bathroom is very very nice. The bed is comfortable and the linens are of high quality.

Requests were fulfilled with a smile and within a reasonable time frame.

Will definitely stay at The Pierre again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple