“Another New york myth”

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Ranked #18 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Marble hallways, softy carpets and beautiful ceilings. Here is the true definition of classical cosiness.
Enjoying one of the mythical hospitality place of new York was a privilege.
Also to mentioned the new years eve dinner was lovely, even if the singer was not perfectly in tune.
A must see, or at least take a glass at the bar.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My review begins and ends with Vlatka Barcan, Guest Relations Manager at the hotel. I had a very special visitor coming to see my wife and I - my brand new grandson - and Vlatka made it a wonderful event. We were staying at my cousins apartment at the start before the big arrival and wanted something grand when the little man arrived. So I went to 4 other hotels and checked them all out first for fun, and chose the Pierre hands down. You can easily guess which ones I looked at.

Vlatka showed me several rooms, gave me a wonderful suite at a wonderful price, there was a baby onesey and roses on our arrival which she personally delivered, and after 3 nights and meeting many staff there, and a special New Years Eve dinner at their new restaurant, we were in heaven.

Save time. Just go to the Pierre. And speak to Vlatka and her team. They know what they are doing and they do it very well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom S
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Tom S,

Congratulations on being a new Grandfather! We are thrilled that Vlatka and our team were able to make your stay memorable for you and your family. After considering all of the other wonderful hotels in the area, we thank you for choosing The Pierre.

It is very special for our staff to receive such wonderful compliments from guests; we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is through such thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired to provide impeccable service each day.

We hope that you all return to our hotel soon so that we can continue to help you make new loved memories.

Warm Regards,
The Pierre General Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Pierre high and low season and have had excellent service each time. I feel safe and well tended to and love the Central Park location. The front desk was fast, cordial, and efficient and made sure all my questions and needs were met. We had just gotten in from a seven hour train ride and the front desk knew we were tired, checked us in quickly and offered complimentary bottled water. The rooms have everything you need w/ nice furnishings, toiletries, amenities, and high-end linens, robes, and feather pillows. I always travel w/ my pillow, but don't need it at the Pierre. There was a big walk-in closet w/ safe. The rain shower had amazing water pressure. Housekeeping was twice a day and the small touches were fantastic. One day, the housekeeper wrapped our charger cords in little Pierre rubber bands. They put slippers on ironed linen cloths at turn-down service. They bring ice and bottled water each day, as well as lots of other things to make you comfortable and pampered. Room service was expensive, but we expected it in NYC and it was delicious. I read that some people complained about the room size, but I found it large for NY. There was a large desk, big end tables, big console/mini-bar, and a couple chairs with plenty room to walk around. I perused the desk contents and they thought of everything. There was even a clip-on running trail guide and a plug adapter. There are a lot of people to tip from the bellmen to the elevator operators, but I chalk that up for NYC, as well, and I like the added staff for security. We had a "city view," which was on a higher floor. It was very quiet on the floor. Most of the rooms on our floor were suites, whereas ours was a regular room. We had drinks in the lounge, which has a nice ambience and great service. I had wine, but saw the bartender making real drinks (not pouring pre-mixed messes). I wish they didn't charge for internet and just gave a code for guests. We could have paid 2/3 the Pierre room price for a chain hotel in Times Square. But, no thanks. I plan to return to the Pierre. I felt like the staff anticipates your needs w/o being intrusive and that combined w/ the architecture makes it a grand old property.

Room Tip: Give the cab driver the following info: The Pierre Hotel on E61st between 5th and Madison. (no cabb...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank askcloee
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have been staying at the Pierre for 15 years or more. My recent visit was, as always, a delightful experience - made so by the excellent staff - many of whom are by now old friends. Their universal thoughtful competence, courtesy and friendly, helpful attitude set a standard to which all five star hotels should aspire. Only one adverse comment - the heating/AC is a bit noisy.
I congratulate the Pierre on being such an outstanding hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Location: bang outside Central Park,

Rooms: spacious, warm and comfortable.

Service: efficient. Although anticipation of a tip might make them linger on a tad longer than you would be comfortable with.

Food: average. Although not having the option of a buffet breakfast was disappointing. And we were out for most of the meals.

Value for money: if I was to spend that kind of money again in New York would go in for a sea facing hotel instead.

PN: we were with our toddlers and sure enough they must be making a lot of noise. Instead of complaining about them, the hotel gave them an interactive toy to keep them busy.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AIOnTheGo
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear AIOnTheGo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at The Pierre. We appreciate customer feedback and take all of your comments very seriously. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our prime New York location, as well as our comfortable rooms. We do apologize that you found our service to be suggestive of a tip. I will be sure to share this with our senior staff. However, we are happy to hear that your toddlers enjoyed their toys.

Regarding our food service, a continental breakfast such as the one that you describe is not commonly found at a luxury hotel such as ours in Manhattan. Although sea views are great, we pride ourselves on our beautiful Central Park and City views.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again at The Pierre, and hopefully we will leave you with a more positive Taj impression. Hope to welcome you again soon.

Warm Regards,
The Pierre General Manager

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We came for 3 nights to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. We selected the hotel for it's fabulous location, it's iconic reputation and because we have had amazing experiences at Taj Hotels. We were thrilled with everything, beginning with the reception and ending with the check out! When they learned that it was a special anniversary we were given many perks that included a surprise bottle of champagne and a cake. The entire staff, from the elevator operators who are always smiling to the amazing service in Sirios, were always ready to help. The room was beautiful, the view of the park was fabulous and we can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lolajo147
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Pierre New York is absolutely fabulous, the best hotel I've stayed in worldwide!

Your housekeeping team is impeccable. After arriving into the city late in the evening, I unpacked quickly and placed my jacket and suit on the chair and kicked my shoes off. The next day, my jacket was neatly hung, my clothes folded, and shoes organized. Impressive. The rooms are generous in size, especially for a city hotel, and well designed. The beds are absolutely superb and the generous sized Molton Brown products are a treat!

For my two night stay, I enjoyed in-room dining for breakfast. Each morning, my order was delivered perfectly and exactly to the minute that I requested it. Exactly! The freshly squeezed carrot juice is to die for!

Drinks and appetizers at Two E was a fantastic setting to end a full day. Dinner at Sirio was first class. The olive oil is imported straight from Italy and having traveled all over Tuscany you can tell the difference. The menu, the options, and the service is all presented with pride. You can see the passion behind the menu by its many traditional and unique offerings.

Each employee I passed in the hotel greeted me in pleasant and genuine manner. I felt that anything I needed was taken care of. I look forward to my next trip to stay at The Pierre, you've won a loyal customer for life! I just can’t say enough, best hotel in town!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business