The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$188
$161
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$330
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$187
$118
  • Fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$151
$241
$116
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
1,929 results
All reviewselevator attendantscentral parkelevator operatorcity view suitenew yorkroom serviceelegant hotelfour seasonsfifth avenuefive star hotelupper east sideturn down serviceconcierge deskbottle of champagnehousekeeping staffthe location is perfectnyc hotel
Reviewed July 17, 2013

it was fun amiable humble yet elegant old fashioned classic classy nice room special decorations like out of a black and white elegant film elevator lady runs old fashioned elevator nice close to central park as could be.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed at The Pierre for 5 nights with my mother. We came to NYC to check out the shopping, museums and restaurants. We found the staff at The Pierre to be very friendly and helpful. They upgraded us to a bigger room which was a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately, the floor they put us on (12th) had been freshly painted and the fumes from the paint gave my mother and I a terrible headache. Since it's an old building, the ventilation was poor and the smell of the paint was overwhelming in the hallway as well in our room. The air conditioning was poor as well and we had to request a fan for our room.

Aside from that, the room was beautiful and the bed was amazing (which made it very difficult to get out of it each morning!). The housekeeping staff were sweet and we loved the added charm of the elevator attendants. We also loved the doormen who were very polite and had a great sense of humour.

Having just returned from Kuwait with a broken foot, I was worried about getting around NYC with an AirCast. The cast ended up failing me as it broke while shopping on 5th Avenue. However, the concierge at the Pierre was very helpful and quick to help solve my problem. She first had the hotel's engineer look at it to see if he could fix it, and when he could not, she sent us to the right place that was just around the corner and they repaired it within 10 minutes. I was extremely grateful for her help.

The location is absolutely perfect, especially if it's your first time in New York. I loved being right across from Central Park and just up the street from the MET and MoMa (and they were close enough to walk to even in a walking-cast!)

Overall, I was very pleased staying at The Pierre and will most certainly stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank emilyv77
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel, its location, the staff, rooms, restaurant.. Everything was simply perfect. Definitely want to stay here next time in NY. The rooms are luxurious and the bed was amazing. Never had a better night sleep that on that bed. Simply like sleeping on a cloud. The staff was very helpful and very polite. If I had anything to criticize, it's me for not staying extra days.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zarano
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel made some mistakes on our recent four night stay (more on this later), so I thought to give it four stars. Then I realized this...The Pierre is a five star PLUS hotel, and the mistakes turned it into a five star hotel. I grew up in NY and visit there two-three times a year. This was a pure pleasure trip, and we were willing to splurge if it would be worth it. Criteria: a two room suite, would take our 15 lb dog, had at least a refrigerator. Our city-view suite was the last suite available for our dates. I was worried it would be dark. No way. On the 11th floor, we looked over the city and had lots of light. The living and bedroom were both very large. The furniture was very comfortable. The bathroom was off a hall between the two rooms, so it was possible to get up early and have full use of the rest of the space without disturbing the person still sleeping. The only suite we could get was a twin-bed one. We were on the wait list for a king. When we arrived they had made up the twins into a king without us asking. That was just one example of service to perfection. Housekeeping and the refrigerator we requested arrived within minutes of our requests. We felt like royalty! The shower and bathtub were fabulous, but I did wonder why they put a tv instead of a second sink in the renovated bathrooms! Our suite cost about $800/night on the promotional rate, less than half the rate of the Ritz and Mandarin Oriental, the other two hotels on Central Park I investigated. (Also it came with continental breakfast, but what that meant was you could spend $25 each at breakfast on whatever you wanted). Also, there wasn't nickel and diming here like many luxury hotels: bottled water was free; snacks and juice in fitness center were free; business center with office size printer was free; dog was free; refrigerator was free. If you like the mid-town location, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else! The mistakes: the concierge gave me a list of nearby garages that sent me on a wild goose chase; I also called the concierge before arriving and was told where I could get a day pass to swim laps at a nearby club and it turned out not to true. Since I swim laps most days, this was a HUGE piece of misinformation. They tried to then send me to a place almost 40 blocks away, and I wound up--after several hours of searching-- finding someplace much closer on my own, but thought they should have known this. (The fitness center at the hotel does have great equipment).The other mistake was that the front desk failed to have our dog's frozen food properly frozen, which meant it would spoil before the end of our trip. This made me very angry; we made it last, but barely. Still, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Polli,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at The Pierre hotel. We are thrilled that you were able to book that last available city-view suite with the Suite Celebrations promotion, and that you were very comfortable during your stay. We hope that your dog was very comfortable as well.

We apologize that we could not get you a king size bed, but we are delighted that you were met with a pleasant surprise upon arriving to your room.

We also apologize for the mistakes that were made during your stay. We will follow up with our Front Office staff to be sure that this will not happen again. Our concierge staff is normally spot on with its award-wining service, but we will be sure to make sure that this does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and welcoming the opportunity of assuring that you have a flawless stay.

Warm Regards,
The Pierre General Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I are New Yorkers and we are staying in Westchester while we are having our apartment renovated. Earlier this week for my wife's birthday I took her out for a night on the town .. dinner at 21 Club and theater tickets to see Pippen. I booked us a room at The Pierre because it is an elegant hotel that is wonderfully located. I had booked a "city-view room" and the scene from the windows on the 35th floor was amazing. Central Park and the upper East Side glistened outside of our room. The staff was helpful and friendly (there are even elevator operators) and everything in our room could not have been better. Our bed was luxurious and the linens, towels and accessories were top of the line.
But ... We arrived back to our room just after 11:00 PM and found that there was no water. Why we were not told when we went through the lobby was strange. There was a note on our desk in the room saying that water was to be turned off at 11:00 and would be on by 5:00 AM. We had not seen the note and called the front desk to be told that there was a "plumbing emergency". However the note did not call it an emergency and when we checked out we were told it was Con Ed that turned off the water. Three different stories that should have been handled better. The water came back on at 2:00 AM and even with that small misstep, out stay at The Pierre was very special.
If one is traveling to New York City and looking for a very special place to stay, I would highly recommend staying here. If you can afford a room with a City View, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room #3506 ... City View worth the extra money ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple