We, two adults and three teenagers, stayed at the Pierre June 22-24. We chose it over the Ritz at Central Park because of the great special, third night free. The location can't be beat: across from Central Park (but not on CPS, so away from the crowds). We had two rooms on the twelfth floor, both with king beds. (We wanted one room with double beds, but the hotel was sold out until our last night there). The rooms, especially room 1203, were great:spacious, well decorated, and very clean. Because this is an older building, rooms are all different, which was a welcome change from the standard, cookie cutter hotel. The staff: front desk, concierge and even elevator ladies (yes they still have those), were very polite and helpful. Michael, who was still in training, was extremely helpful and accommodating. The beds are fantastic. Shower is spacious, although the door that doesn't extend fully took some adjusting.
Bottom line: stay here for the location and service.
My one complaint is they have a courtesy car that's available on first come basis. No matter how many times we tried, we were not lucky enough to grab it. It would have been better if we didn't know about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City