The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$176
$135
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$210
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$254
$134
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$170
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$142
yescapade.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

1,949 results
All reviewselevator attendantscentral parkelevator operatorcity view suitenew yorkroom serviceelegant hotelfour seasonsfifth avenuethe location is perfectfive star hotelupper east sideconcierge deskturn down servicebottle of champagnehousekeeping staffnyc hotel
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having stayed in NYC at least 50 different times from the Ritz in Battery Park, many trendy hotels, and most of the "upper end large hotels", this is our favorite.

The Pierre's location is perfect. Close enough to mid town, but away from all the concrete and noise. Being across the street from Central Park helps a lot. The most upscale shopping in the country is very convenient as well.

The lobby is subdued and stately. The restaurant (Sirio) is exceptional for a hotel. The workout facitliy is small but very well done. Our room was most likely the least expensive and small, but still very nice.

What is truly exceptional though is the service. The special touch of a "manned" elevator is unique as they always greet you with a smile and make you feel appreciated. But the tone of excellent service is consistent from room service to maids to concierege to bellman.

If I'm traveling solo on business I'm not sure I'd do it as Hotwire works for "get into the city, do the job and get out".

But if I'm taking my wire and want to really be pampered in what we now consider to be our top choice in NYC......it's the Pierre.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hhishome
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My brother, sister and I treated my parents to a night at the Pierre to celebrate the 80th birthday of my father, a native New Yorker who has lived in Washington, DC the past 50 years. Their experience was perfection. This is truly New York's best from location to service to ammenities and charm. No one forgot to say happy birthday to my Dad and when they checked in the first treat was complimentary drinks at the bar. They went back in time with an elevator operator, complete with her own seat, took them to their room. And what's a visit to NYC without a sighting -- Henry Winkler, `The Fonz,' greeted them in the elevator with open arms and conversation. If the location across from central park isn't enough (where else do you want to wonder from your hotel during a one-night stay in new york?) the room itself was more than adequate, with a walk in closet, modern bathroom and enough space for the grandkids to visit. The celebration continued into the evening as when my parents returned from our dinner there was a bottle of champagne and cake waiting for them in the room. I have lived in New York the past 12 years and have never booked a hotel in the city before. I chose the Pierre because of its reputation and location. It exceeded all my expectations and reminded an 80-year-old native New Yorker why this is without doubt the world's finest city.

Room Tip: we chose a lower priced room without much of a view as the higher priced city rooms don't have a view of the park (that would be even higher) and the room is so gorgeous and the park so close you don't need to worry about a view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 123Lau123
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We decided to splurge for a special weekend. While I have stayed in luxury hotels before, I felt like I was in a guest bedroom room at WIndsor Castle, rather than a hotel. The room was incredibly spacious, especially in mid-town Manhattan (The marble bathroom was the size of my bedroom at home). We had a view of Central Park. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was wheeled in right on time by an excellent server. Service for the entire stay was gracious, professional and attentive to our every request, without being overbearing. Everything was perfect

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Park.......
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear LJSamson,

We want to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay. We do have some of the best views of Central Park in the city, so we are glad you were able to experience them from your room. We pride ourselves on our service, so always love to hear that our guests every request were met. During your next visit, you will have to experience our new restaurant, Sirio Ristorante, or enjoy a drink in Two E Bar/Lounge. Thank you again for choosing The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Yes really and truely divine. I arrived late and only for one night and was feeling tired and grumpy - but it just couldnt last at that wonderful hotel. From the moment I walked in the door, I was made welcome. The genuine kindness of the staff stuck me everywhere. The room was beautifully appointed and the couch and the bed so comfortable that you did not feel like getting up! As I was late, I ordered room service and the food was superb. I never sleep on - but the bed was so comfortable that I just did. I enjoyed breakfast at the very "New York" cafe - enjoying the atmosphere as much as the food. Before I left, I had time to savour a drink in the loung bar, which was just really comfortable. It is a magnificent building and beautifully restored - but a building does not a great hotel make. This one was just nailed it! Truely divine...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was a great, truly luxury expirience staying at Pierre. The location service rooms is perfect. Staff is very kind and make all possible to make u feel special.

Special thanks to concierge Jason who is the best in the world, and gives very true and valuable advices.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear MukanKZ,

We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York! It is very special for our staff to receive such wonderful compliments from guests; we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is through such thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired to provide impeccable service each day. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Jason and let him know how appreciative you were of his service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,