My brother, sister and I treated my parents to a night at the Pierre to celebrate the 80th birthday of my father, a native New Yorker who has lived in Washington, DC the past 50 years. Their experience was perfection. This is truly New York's best from location to service to ammenities and charm. No one forgot to say happy birthday to my Dad and when they checked in the first treat was complimentary drinks at the bar. They went back in time with an elevator operator, complete with her own seat, took them to their room. And what's a visit to NYC without a sighting -- Henry Winkler, `The Fonz,' greeted them in the elevator with open arms and conversation. If the location across from central park isn't enough (where else do you want to wonder from your hotel during a one-night stay in new york?) the room itself was more than adequate, with a walk in closet, modern bathroom and enough space for the grandkids to visit. The celebration continued into the evening as when my parents returned from our dinner there was a bottle of champagne and cake waiting for them in the room. I have lived in New York the past 12 years and have never booked a hotel in the city before. I chose the Pierre because of its reputation and location. It exceeded all my expectations and reminded an 80-year-old native New Yorker why this is without doubt the world's finest city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City