We checked into the Pierre for two nights and were given what we had asked for, a room with a view of Central Park, on a high floor. The room was lovely but what a disappointment! The bath-room had no bath and was absolutely tiny with no place to put anything as normal as
a make-up bag. There was no dressing table in the bedroom with a mirror either. The receptionist offered us a larger room on a low floor but it looked onto a fire escape and we wanted to be high up and not be awakened by rubbish trucks in the early morning. Also we did not come to New Your to a hotel overlooking Central Park to look at a fire escape! For an expensive hotel this seems incredible and was a great disappointment. Another problem was that the air conditioning only operates at full blast or not at all. This hotel has recently re-opened after a refurbishment so this seems very odd.
The staff were all friendly and efficient from the lift operators to the concierge crew and we enjoyed dining in the restaurant of the hotel but it is unlikely we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City