$189
$234
$199
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

$386
$345
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$396
$251
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$301
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$254
$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$130
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

2,005 results
All reviewselevator attendantscentral parkelevator operatornew yorkelegant hotelfour seasonsroom servicefive star hotelupper east sidefifth avenuepark viewconcierge deskturn down servicebottle of champagnehousekeeping staffthe location is perfectnyc hotel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

3 night stay in Pierre Suite. Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts package included 3 nights stay for the price of 2, continental breakfast, $100 food and beverage credit, late checkout, free wi-fi and a few other perqs.Overall experience was very positive.

Doormen were prompt and courteous when we drove up. Smooth check in. Room was exactly as described on their website.

The suite was well appointed and luxurious. Classic decor, muted yellow/gold colors. Furnishings very comfprtable, as were the bed linens. Nice TVs and sound system. Super quiet. Thermostat, light switches. etc. were easy to use unlike at some high end hotels where they seem delight in form over function (this means you, W).

The bathroom was large with a luxurious shower booth.Tub is not the biggest I have seen lately but adequate. Great toiletries.

Room service, housekeeping and bellmen were super-prompt and efficient. The front desk came through on a couple of special requests. For example, after we checked in I discovered I had left my IPhone behind in our car. Less than 5 minutes after I called the front desk about it, a slightly breathless bellmen brought ot to us in a monogrammed box and asked if we needed to borrow a charger.

The bar is elegant but not very comfortable in my opinion.

We did enjoy the restaurant Sirio. Great for breakfast, mid-day snacks and cocktails. Try the Grumpy Conquistador for a spicy alternative to a bloody mary. One evening the famous proprietor Sirio Maccioni saw me admiring the many photos of him with heads of state and celebrities and winked at me when I glanced over at him. Or maybe he winked at my wife...he seems to be quite a ladies' man.

A distinctive feature is the white-gloved attendant-operated elevators. As first we thought it was a ridiculous extravagance but it does sort of grow on you. The attendants are multi-lingual, charming and attractive, so why not?

We've stayed at the Plaza, Ritz-Carlton, Essex and Mandarin Oriental in the last 3 years, and I have to say that our stay at the Pierre was as pleasant as any. Looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Aldo_Nola
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Once I was used to the lift attendant pressing the button for me I just fell into the routine of the pierre !
Elegance personified, staff very helpful and courteous Room turn down each evening was exceptionally as was service each morning
Beautiful stay

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Milly1850
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Milly1850,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York. It is very special for our staff to receive such wonderful compliments from guests; we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. Our elevator operators are unique to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, so we are glad you were able to enjoy their services. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York City.

Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Pierre is first a landmark hotel in NYC. The only surprising discovery is that there is not a grand or large lobby upon entering the hotel. The decor is dark and needs revamping. The rooms are large by NY standards and are very pretty with nice linens. The staff was very helpful especially one of the gentlemen at the concierge desk who discussed Hawaii and kept me entertained while I waited for a friend. Central Park is steps across the street and shopping all around. The hotel is very quiet at night, such a advantage in New York City and is very safe. I would stay again.

Room Tip: An inside room can be less expensive and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelgalle
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Lovely elegant hotel with incredibly helpful staff. Stayed during snowstorm "Nemo" and the staff were very helpful and kind. Rooms without a view are a bit depressing, but I suppose you get what you pay for. Well run hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelbug396
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had read a lot about the Pierre going down hill the last several years, I did not find that to be the case. The hotel just underwent $100 million renovation and probably still could use some more, the spa is just a hotel suite at this point. Our room was freshly updated and our service throughout our stay were very good. I did have a massage and the service was excellent and the suite was peaceful. Of course the location of the hotel and the views of central park cannot be beat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott M

Dear ScottM,

We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York. We definitely do have the best location and views of Central Park in NYC, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of both. Our spa experiences are offered by trained experts, using exclusive natural products in a fresh and harmonious setting. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your massage! We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your recent trip to NYC and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,