The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$127
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$159
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$178
  • Room Service
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$206
$143
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$107
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$105
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

1,951 results
All reviewselevator attendantscentral parkelevator operatorcity view suitenew yorkroom serviceelegant hotelfour seasonsfifth avenuethe location is perfectfive star hotelupper east sideconcierge deskturn down servicebottle of champagnehousekeeping staffnyc hotel
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Good: Doormen welcome you with helping hands and bright smiles. Bellmen are also friendly. Front desk is on par with many other fine hotels. The 2E lounge offered a nice food and drink variety.

The Bad: I witnessed a member of management (small frame, blonde, male) raising his voice to a staff member (doorman?) right in front of a lobby full of guests. He was highly unprofessional. Restaurant was closed but soon to be replaced by a new one.

The Bright Spot: The hotel offers a house car. It is a beautiful Jaguar that is driven by very nice and professional drivers. We felt safe in the chaos of New York City traffic. We had the pleasure of using this service several times and it was truly the highlight. Thank you Jose and Darious

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Damanpreet D
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent eight days at The Pierre at the height of summer and it was a delight to return home to a VERY comfortable bed and peace and quiet, we always slept well at the Pierre. The decor is very traditional and our superior room had high ceilings and was quite a good size. Breakfast in the ballroom was a delight as were the staff. The position is great, right on fifth avenue, opposite Central Park, close to great shopping and restaurants and surrounded by the very best galleries. We walked to "The Met", MOMA (best day of my life until MONA opened in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia),
The Whitney, The Guggenheim. The subway was close at hand. We WILL return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joyjoy28
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My nature is to find what is wrong with a place rather than focus on the positive. I'm a critic. Thankfully my wife was along to point out how amazingly quiet our room was. This is in the Heart of Manhattan and we hardly heard a peep morning, noon or middle of the night. It made for a very relaxing stay. However, this hotel is only average. The room service, restaurants, and overall quality of the fixtures throughout the hotel are not up to the 5 star rating many sites seem to give it. One big negative is the elevators. They always have an operator. No one rides by themselves. Not only does it feel strange, but you have to wait because they only have one or two operating at a time. Seems like an outdated practice. Similarly, the restaurants refused to let me take anything out. Nothing, not even a drink could be taken to the room. You have to call room service. The staff tried to play this as a legal regulation, which would be strange since every other hotel in New York lets you do it. So, in the end, despite the quiet room, I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was a ridiculously good deal.

Room Tip: I don't remember our room number, but it was the first one to the right after you get off the elevator and we were on the 5th floor so didn't have to be high to be quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Crticalone
Reviewed November 9, 2012

You cant really go wrong! I think the hotel had been newly refurbished when we went... rooms were great, service was great, location was amazzzing. The only thing I'd say was that rates were quite high, but that seems to be the norm in NY. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Luxurious hotel over looking Central Park. Shame I had to take my own bags
into reception. Was checked in by Eloudi whom then proceeded to show me to my room,
but left it for me to trawl my case and large bag up to the room. Informed
me of the new restaurant and its reputation but unfortunately could not
name the chef! Although a trainee perhaps he shouldn't be serving guests especially at
check in without full training.

The room is gorgeous, big and with pretty much all you could ask for. The
gym was excellent. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to dine at the
restaurant but ordered room service. A Caesar's salad and chicken noodle
soup were decidedly average. In fact the soup was poor. Fortunately
breakfast was excellent.

At check out the reception staff were cold and again there was no offer to
assist with bags.

To be fair the lift attendants (female) were excellent, as was
housekeeping, as was the efficiency of room service.

I love Taj hotels especially their premier properties. However I am not
sure I would stay at the Pierre again. NY has many great properties to
choose from!

Staffing is everything and make a trip really special.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo