The Westin New York Grand Central
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
$365
$322
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
3,853 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggreat locationnew yorkheavenly bedtimes squarespg membercorner roommini bargood sizebryant parklate checkhigh floortwo blocksfitness centerhousekeeping staffby nyc standardstwo double beds
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Before I start what can only be considered a rant, keep in mind that I am not a picky customer. I require a clean room, service comparable to what I pay, and minimal accommodation for my medical needs, which I have never had a conflict with at any other comparable property.

The experience started off bad and got worse. We had spoken to Westin central reservations about getting a blender for the room, which I need for a medicine I have to take. They assured us the blender wouldn't be a problem for a medical need. We were relieved not to have to pack one of our own.

When we arrived, however, there was no blender in the room. We spent the next 2 hours trying to contact a manager about the situation. The manager that we finally talked to very rudely snapped, "We don't provide blenders to rooms!" If that was the policy, we could have been warned before we arrived. Because I had to take my medication, we called the concierge, who located a blender for us to go purchase a few blocks away. Problem solved (albeit not in a very satisfactory way)... Or so we thought.

The next day, we returned to drop off packages in our rooms to find housekeeping had thrown away the whole top half of the blender that they required us to purchase. In addition, they threw away the remote to the TV. They left old washcloths. Hair was still in the tub. It was a mess.

We called down to management (again). This manager was different than the first, and was very helpful. The head of housekeeping was extremely nice; he purchased us a new blender and delivered it to the room.

We also left the little card to order room service breakfast on our door everyday. The first two days, we had no problems (other than our orders being slightly off, but we dealt with it). The third day, where we had a specific time because we had a flight to catch, we looked outside and realized no one had picked up the card. They got our breakfast to us about 45 minutes later than what we planned for, and while I appreciate their speed once they knew about the problem, it was still ridiculous.

We did get some kind of apology amenity basket... Ironically, all of foods I cannot eat due to my medical condition (which is why the blender was needed to begin with).

I HIGHLY warn anyone that is used to the Westin being able to accommodate their medical and other needs against EVER staying here. I have never had this problem at any other luxury hotels, but apparently the well being of customers isn't a high priority... but housekeeping is an even lower priority.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank myheartisinspain
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Myheartisinspain,

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight with our team here at The Westin New York Grand Central, and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in the city. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience with the blender. While the comfort of your stay is extremely important to us, I am happy to see that we were able to purchase one for you. In addition, I would also like to apologize for your experience with housekeeping. Providing our guests with exceptional services is crucial to us, therefore, I have forwarded your review to our Director of Housekeeping who will be utilizing this information to ensure our guests receive exceptional services from our team.

I would love for you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience to further discuss the details of your stay. We always wish for our guests to enjoy every moment of their time with us, and I am truly hoping to speak with you soon in order to turn your experience around. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, as it is allowing us the opportunity to improve ourselves and better care for the future guests of our property. I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Clean modern room, comfortable bed and very good front desk service. We chose the location because it is near Grand Central Station. There was heavy snow when we were in town and it was easy to hop on the subway to get around and take the train back to my sister's place in Connecticut. Plus, it was easy to get food (late night gyro) since there are many restaurants and food carts by the station.

I was happy with my stay at the Westin.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ange331,

Thank you for your writing this lovely review! From our comfortable and modernly designed guest rooms, to the exceptional service offered to you by our front desk team, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us here at The Westin New York Grand Central. With a limitless amount of delicious dining options in our area, we hope to welcome you back soon so you can experience more of them!

Thank you again for your review, and as always, stay well!

Best,

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in a four bed adult room in March. The room was simply decorated and we had no issues with it at all. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was well sized with nice complementary toiletries and a large sink area. The bath itself had a fixed and movable showerhead which was good.

The room had a view over the street with large windows, making it light and airy.

The room was a bit tight for that many ladies getting ready plus the lighting was quite poor, especially around the dressing table. The best thing was the number of mirrors in the room, with a large one over the dressing table and above the sink, plus a full length mirror.

The hotel is busy and you can spend a while waiting for one of the six lifts, despite them being swift moving. The staff are great, with concierge providing advice and the front desk happy to exchange money for you. The lobby is always busy due to being the only place in the hotel with free WiFi.

The location is perfect, just ten minutes walk from Grand Central and near to many necessities and eateries.

The room also had a safe, iron, hairdryer, multiple plus extension lead and a coffee machine with Starbucks.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Hello ParadiseChick,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your 3 night getaway in the city! I am so happy to see what a lovely time you had with us here at The Westin New York Grand Central. It seems as though you truly valued our convenient location, and appreciated the thoughtful and great quality amenities we love to offer our guests. From our Heavenly Bed to our exceptional service, I am happy to see that you had a fantastic stay with us here in The Big Apple. We hope to welcome you back to our property soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Within walking distance of Grand Central Terminal, Fifth Avenue, etc., the Westin New York Grand Central is a great 'home away from home'. Standard rooms, but the hospitality was outstanding. We requested a refrigerator, extra hangers, extra towels - and got them quickly! We also took advantage of Westin's fitness initiative: a $5 fee for new workout clothes and shoes in your size. Our concierge, Bogna, was cheerful, informative and friendly. Helped us to navigate the purchase of a MetroCard (for riding NYC buses & trains)...and what trains to take to get to our destinations. She also reconfirmed that we'd chosen good restaurants and warned us about weekend public transportation disruptions. The bellman held our bags after we'd checked out so that we could enjoy a little bit more of the city before our departure. My only disappointment was that we weren't told that our room was on a 'dog accessible' floor...and I might have never known...until the barking started. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation in recommending the Westin Grand Central to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor that is NOT dog-friendly if you want peace and quiet. The higher the room, the better the views. We could see the East River from our 33rd floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoyceInDC

Hello JoyceInDC,

I am absolutely delighted to see that you consider us to be a great “home away from home!” Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review, I truly enjoyed reading it! Our guests admire the convenience of our location, with many important and famous NYC landmarks close by. Most importantly, I love to see that you experienced nothing short of genuine and wonderful hospitality during your time with us! Our team will always be here to ensure the comfort of your stay, and thank you for recognizing the wonderful service offered to you by Bogna! She is absolutely fantasic. She, along with the rest of our team, hope to welcome you back to our property soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a trendy hotel with the comfort and style. The decor is modern, typical Westin style which i really enjoy. Showers are clean and the shower head is nice/new. The concierge is super helpful, and there is a bar downstairs that gets pretty packed. And the one thing i really appreciate about a hotel is the possibility to open the windows just a crack to allow some fresh air as I'm not a fan of air conditioning especially when i spend a lot of time in it during my business travels. The location is very convenient. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hello SalOZ,

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to The Westin New York Grand Central for another wonderful stay soon! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our newly renovated and modernly designed facility, along with the exceptional service and thoughtful amenities we offer our guests. Our goal is to always have you leave feeling better than you arrived, and it sounds to me like you left feeling nice and rejuvenated! Thank you for writing this lovely review. All of us here at the hotel truly appreciate it.