“Great after recent renovation”

The Westin New York Grand Central
Ranked #226 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great after recent renovation”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

A really good place to stay, great value, ultra clean and a very pleasant stay. Rooms a reasonable size with good facilities and comfortable beds. Very happy and will stay again, I hope this is how all Westins will be soon, if so will become a reliable brand. No complaints.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ChampagneChristopher
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Wow! It certainly sounds like you had a great stay with us and truly enjoyed all our property has to offer. From the great service from our associates, to the clean and spacious rooms, to the perfect location right in Midtown.

I am happy that you found the Heavenly beds heavenly and they provided you a comfortable night stay. All of the Westin brand aims to provide excellent service and quality rooms and amenities.

I am happy you will be back as we can’t wait to exceed your expectations and wow you in the future.

Service Express Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went to New York for a Saturday night. Great location and huge room for NYC. The bathroom was awesome with a rain shower head they did a good job with the renovation. Check in was easy and the staff was very courteous. The next time I visit New York I will defiantly be staying at the Westin.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank raja0202
I am beyond pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location in New York City as well as the level of service you received from our associates. I am glad to hear that you had a smooth and effortless check in and truly enjoyed the Heavenly Bath and Shower. We aim for all of our guests to have a relaxing and refreshing experience at our property, thus providing them with a Heavenly Bed and Shower.

We are so excited to hear that you will be staying with us the next time you are in New York City. We definitely are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property and offering you another exceptional stay.

Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend and I recently spent two nights at this hotel over a long weekend. As usual, it was clean, comfortable and the service was on point. Never any complaints. The location is nice, close to the subway and obviously plenty of places right outside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for your loyalty to our property and for choosing to stay with us over and over again. I am so happy to hear that you consistently receive a positive experience every time you stay with us.

I am happy you enjoy our comfortable and spacious rooms, our refreshing bathrooms and our guest service. I hope you continue to stay with us as we appreciate your loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you back in the future.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights which is a pretty long stay for a New York trip, but coming from Europe we wanted it fit in lots of things, we even paid for one night that we didn't use the room as we were in Washington. The room was a good size, lovely and clean with really comfortable beds, however there were a few details not addressed, the complimentary coffee/milk etc. was not topped up after use, when the wine glasses were used they were not replaced, we used the room as a family room none of these things were sufficient for four and neither were there sufficient towels. We had breakfast only one morning and were not unhappy with the food but the price was over the top 6 dollars for tea or coffee surely that should be included with the breakfast price. All in all we had a great time in New York and would probably use the Hotel again as the location and cleanliness couldn't be faulted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello Anita L,

I am pleased to hear that overall you had a wonderful stay with us. I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us all the way from Spain. I hope your trip to New York City was a memorable one. You even got to see Washington DC? That is wonderful, I love that city.

I do want to apologize that your amenities in your room weren't always replenished as they should have been. I have contacted the Director of Housekeeping and he is bringing up the importance of detail orientation and proper servicing of the room in his next pre-shift meeting. I have also informed our Director of Food and Beverage on the issue with the service verses the value you received with the LCL items. He is going to discuss a possible solution with the executive chef to research if a better pricing model can be followed.

I want to thank you for your feedback as we use it to pinpoint our services and we do hope you will decide to stay with us in the future the next time you plan a trip to New York City.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business for one evening. The hotel is well finished having been recently renovated and the location is fantastic being very close to Grand Central Station. However, the windows were so terrible in my room that I heard road noise the entire night.

Well I certainly realize that I'm in the city that never sleeps, I have stayed many times at various hotels in New York (mid-town, downtown) and have never had this issue.

The sounds of loud screeching, sirens and road work kept me up nearly the entire night. When I brought this to the hotel's attention in the morning, they were somewhat empathetic, but certainly did not offer my anything more than a "we're dealing with construction - it's normally a quiet room"

In my view - I should have been warned of the construction at the time of the booking, but I'm not sure that really was the issue.

I won't be staying at the Westin Grand Central again any time soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bowlth
Hello Bowlth,

I want to personally apologize for your recent experience dealing with the street noise outside. As I am a light sleeper and very noise sensitive I understand the need for quiet to be able to truly get a well-rested night sleep. As we want our guests to leave feeling relaxed and re-energized, I understand that a quiet night sleep is an important factor in accomplishing that goal.

I want to inform you we are addressing your concerns of the noise outside the window and we are currently implementing a solution to add a new seal to the windows to help reduce the amount of city noise heard in the guest rooms. I would love for you to give us another opportunity as soon your concern about noise should be improved.

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great experience. Love the location. Centrally located. The hotel was lovely, our room was spotless. Huge pat on the back for Lilly at Front Desk. She is a star! who represented Westin better than any other front desk person I have ever met! Loved being greeted by someone who knew their job, was professional and sweet at the same time. We have stayed at the Westin on 8th and, although it too is a great hotel in a great location, it felt less personal. This Westin managed to make a big hotel feel like a home away from home. Will definitely visit this Westin again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
WOW! I am so happy to hear Lily offered you the Starwood level of service we aim to provide. We at The Westin New York Grand Central understand how important it is to offer that first impression into our property. We want our guests to feel a warm welcome at their home away from home.

I am so happy you not only enjoyed our location near Grand Central Station offering you an easy commute throughout the city, but also enjoyed the level of service we provide as well. We treasure and value every guest that enters our doors and I am happy to hear Lily was able to provide you that level of attention.

She will certainly be recognized for her efforts. Lily and all of us here hope to see you back here with us again soon.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I returned to this hotel as I generally like the chain, good location and enjoyed last visit.
However this time everything with their service seemed to go wrong.
My reservation wasn't on their computer, causing a delay until it was approved
Then they forgot my wake up call
And finally, when we requested to have a late checkout, they told us that we couldn't' as they needed the room, despite;
1. They were willing to extend for an extra fee....
2. They granted it to my colleague checking out the same day
3. I had requested this with my reservation and was assured they would try to accommodate.

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation is confirmed by the hotel, not just the chain.