“Wonderful Total Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape May, New Jersey
“Wonderful Total Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great experience. Love the location. Centrally located. The hotel was lovely, our room was spotless. Huge pat on the back for Lilly at Front Desk. She is a star! who represented Westin better than any other front desk person I have ever met! Loved being greeted by someone who knew their job, was professional and sweet at the same time. We have stayed at the Westin on 8th and, although it too is a great hotel in a great location, it felt less personal. This Westin managed to make a big hotel feel like a home away from home. Will definitely visit this Westin again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
WOW! I am so happy to hear Lily offered you the Starwood level of service we aim to provide. We at The Westin New York Grand Central understand how important it is to offer that first impression into our property. We want our guests to feel a warm welcome at their home away from home.

I am so happy you not only enjoyed our location near Grand Central Station offering you an easy commute throughout the city, but also enjoyed the level of service we provide as well. We treasure and value every guest that enters our doors and I am happy to hear Lily was able to provide you that level of attention.

She will certainly be recognized for her efforts. Lily and all of us here hope to see you back here with us again soon.

Service Express Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I returned to this hotel as I generally like the chain, good location and enjoyed last visit.
However this time everything with their service seemed to go wrong.
My reservation wasn't on their computer, causing a delay until it was approved
Then they forgot my wake up call
And finally, when we requested to have a late checkout, they told us that we couldn't' as they needed the room, despite;
1. They were willing to extend for an extra fee....
2. They granted it to my colleague checking out the same day
3. I had requested this with my reservation and was assured they would try to accommodate.

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation is confirmed by the hotel, not just the chain.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank yacovk
Hello Yacovk,

I am happy to see you had a positive experience with us before in June. However, I am terribly sorry that your most recent experience was not as successful. I have contacted our Director of Operations on your experience and forwarded her your feedback. She has investigated who checked you in and who was responsible for your wake up call. She has conversed with the individuals and is retraining them on the service basics and how to provide the Westin Way of service.

We only want you to feel cared for and appreciated. I thank you for your feedback as we use it as a tool to improve our services. If you wish to further discuss your experience please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Times Square, Grand Central Station is walking distance and you won't be bored walking around since there is so much to see. The hotel itself is very well kept. We did have a issue with the tub being clogged but that got that resolved. (Although I did call the night before, nobody arrived and I had to request it from housekeeping.) Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to hear you truly enjoyed our centrally located hotel right in midtown. We are in the middle of the city, so you can get to almost anywhere in a matter of minutes by using the subways and trains at Grand Central Station. I am happy to hear you found it a perfect location for your trip.

I do apologize that you had issues with your tub’s drainage, however I am happy to hear it was addressed and we were able to provide your bathroom refreshing attention to improve your stay.

I do hope you will visit us again.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Close to Grand Central (walkable) with some neat views on the way of the Chrysler Building. Room was very clean and neat, an plenty large for myself and my two daughters. There is no rooftop view, which I had expected based on their web site. Got it for around $200 / night... so that was a great deal for that location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
We are in a fantastic location providing easy accessibility to the majority of the city by use of Grand Central Station and the many subway lines and trains that connect there. We are only one block away from the Chrysler Building, one of the most iconic buildings throughout the city. It provides guests a close view of the wonderful architecture and a part of America’s history.

We try to provide a refreshing experience for our guests by providing a clean, neat, fresh environment. We do have a rooftop terrace and garden, however it is use mostly for private events, I apologize if the pictures were misleading. I will contact our Marketing Manager to ensure no more confusion occurs.

We do try to provide our guests a great value for their money and I am happy to hear you found the price fair and worth the value you received. I thank you for recommending this hotel to others and I hope you will think of us the next time you are in the city.

East Greenwich, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am a member of the Starwood Program, so I booked this hotel using points from my account. I have visited NYC many times, and this hotel definitely made it to the top of my list for hotel stays in this city. I love the location being next to Grand Central...was able to walk to the theatre and great restaurants. The check-in process was very quick, and I was upgraded to a beautiful room with a fantastic view. After a whirlwind day in New York with dining and theatre, it was a treat to have a heavenly bed to sleep in! The bathroom was immaculate and I loved the large shower head. I highly recommend this hotel and I hope it is available the next time I visit this city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelbug02818
WOW! Travelbug02818, thank you for informing the TripAdvisor community on the details of your fantastic stay with us. It really sounds like you had a perfect stay and I am so happy to hear it was flawless from arrival to departure.

I want to thank you for being a loyal SPG member to Starwood, The Westin brand, and our property. I am so happy to hear you truly enjoyed our location of our property and the vicinity to Grand Central. It is very convenient for navigating the city.

Our property does offer some great views of the city and I am glad you were able to embrace the beauty of the city through the view from your room. That is fabulous you truly enjoyed the Heavenly Bed and bath and the pristine condition of the room. I am so glad you had a smooth and quick check in experience and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I thank you for recommending our property; we hope we will see you the next time you are back in the city as well.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a quick stop in NYC, and what a great surprise, check in was very quick for a hotel of its size. Rooms were very large for New York, very clean, nice bathroom with rain shower, the Westin bed is one of the comfiest of any hotel! The staff are very helpful.
Located near everything you need while in Manhattan, subway is just a block away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I am happy to hear you were able to relax and renew during your short trip to New York City. I am happy we were able to provide a comfortable quick stop for you, supplying you Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower where you could return to your travels refreshed.

The Heavenly Bed is very comfortable and I am happy that you agree we did a great job at designing a bed around providing our guests the best sleep possible. We tried to think of what our guests most look for in a hotel room, and a comfortable bed is one of the most important features. The heavenly shower does provide a great way to rejuvenate, with it’s rain shower head.

I am happy you were able to get around with ease located near Grand Central Station. I hope the next time you have a quick stop or even a longer trip you will choose to stay with us again.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the weekend of 10/25. Although our room was not ready immediately, we found the staff helpful and the room of high quality. As non-New Yorkers, we found the hotel's location a couple of blocks from Grand Central Station particularly helpful considering our agenda, which included stops to Downtown, Broadway and even Brooklyn. Having the major subway hub close by was a huge plus.

I would suggest that you skip the LCL restaurant on property. The food was okay, but definitely overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Hallman E,

I apologize your room was not ready when you arrived, but I am pleased to hear that our associates tried their best to exceed your expectations and provide for your needs. I am happy that our associates were helpful and made you feel welcome to our property.

I am glad you enjoyed our renovation as it provided you high quality furnishings and amenities. I hope you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed which was another feature we added with our renovation.
The location of our property is especially convenient for our guests and tourists new to the city. It provides an easy and inexpensive way to navigate the city and see all of the attractions the city has to offer.

I have contacted our Director of F&B on your feedback about the prices and he is currently looking into new ways we can exceed guests expectations. Thank you for your detailed feedback.

We hope to see you back at our property soon.