“Comfortable,clean and convenient”

The Westin New York Grand Central
Ranked #220 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very nice room,large TV,couch and dressing area-great location and excellent service.Managesr Edward Maynard & Wilberto Olivera do a great job running a tight ship.Good lobby coffeeshop too.Just a block from Grand Central Station,it couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Westin New York Grand Central

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 9am after a horrendous 15 hour flight with no sleep. Louida at the front desk greeted us like long lost friends and although the room we had been allocated was not yet ready she checked us into another room immediately so we could freshen up and hit the town. All the staff throughout our stay were extremely courteous and helpful and the bed was the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. The bagels and coffee we had for breakfast, although pricey, we're the best I have had in many trips to NYC.

The overall experience at this hotel far exceeded expectations and for the price we paid was good value for money we paid was certainly good value. Loida arranged SPG membership for me and I will certainly be using it as the Grand Central again

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Close to everything. $20 cab ride to Battery Park or practically anywhere within 50 blocks. Restaurants are within walking distance and Times Square is about six blocks west. Although this was our first trip it will not be the last.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is probably the tenth or twelfth Westin I've stayed in. I mucked around trying to find a good rate on Quikbook and settled on the Starwood site. Got a great rate with breakfast tossed in (and it was SOME breakfast!). This is in the quieter, less flashy Midtown East area, nestled between 2nd and 3rd Avenues and you can barely see it from the window of the 42 crosstown bus. I had a beautiful room with a small couch, everything spotless and comfy, maximum use of a smallish space but not cramped. Lovely room in a bustling, contemporary, full service hotel. The room was quiet (unlike many hotels). I enjoyed a smashing breakfast in a very upscale restaurant on premises. Lots of people out front to help with bags, taxis, transport. Westin: doing everything all right all the time in every place. They won me over again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear PigsFly,

FANTASTIC! I am so happy to hear you had such a terrific experience at our hotel! Our goal is to anticipate your needs and provide you a unique and special experience. I am happy to hear our staff, food, and rooms all exceed your expectations.

I am so glad you found the location perfect! We think it is too as our guests are able to experience all of the wonderful hot spots of the city in a matter of minutes by using Grand Central Station which is less than 2 blocks away!

We want our room to provide a refreshing and renewing environment and I am glad we were able to accomplish that. I am glad you were able to receive a Heavenly night’s sleep in our Heavenly Bed.

We certainly hope to see you at our property the next time you plan a visit to the city.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here during USOpen. The rooms were very comfortable, spacious, the lobby has always a nice white tea smell but can use more sofas. the location is ideal close to grand central station. walkable to 5th ave. One thing that annoyed my stay. I saw hairs in the bathroom when I checked in, I didn't want to make a fuss.......but overall very good and would stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Angelina_Serra,

That is great to hear that overall you had a great stay with us! I love the white tea scent, one of my favorite concepts that Westin has come up with, by providing a signature scent.

Our location is premiere, located in a quieter part of town providing our guests an escape from the hustle and bustle, as our aim is to provide guests a renewing and revitalizing experience.

I do want to apologize for the bathroom difficulty you had. I have notified our Director of Housekeeping and he is re-establishing new training tactics that are Westin standard. He has brought up your feedback in the morning meeting.

I do hope you decide to stay with us in the future! We look forward for the next opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

On arrival, the receptionist was very nice, and we were able to check in early, which was great. The location is very good. The beds were comfortable. However there were several long, dark hairs on the shower wall. The white tile grout and caulk along tub were dark with mildew in places. There was an old sandwich someone had left in the mini -fridge. I mentioned these issues to the front desk clerk. He seemed neither surprised, nor sincerely apologetic. Wi-fi costs $15. There are lots of great hotels in NYC. I do not recommend this one unless you get a really great deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 22Wakefield
Reviewed September 9, 2013

recently spent two nights with my wife at this hotel. We are SPG members. The room was redone from top to bottom and was beautiful. The public areas have been redone as well. Everything was top notch and the hotel was calm and quiet. I would recommend this hotel for an east-side stay in NYC.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 174scottm211

I am so pleased you truly enjoyed our updates and renovations. We designed it with you in mind. We tried to think of our guests and what they would like to have out of our services and amenities. I am so happy you were impressed by our décor and new modern touches.

I am glad you found the guest rooms and bathrooms clean and spacious. It is a great area we are in where guests can truly see what New York City is like, not as loud and bright as Times Square. I hope you will visit us again for another “top notch” stay.