The Westin New York Grand Central
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$689
$617
  • Pool
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$251
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
3,768 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggreat locationnew yorkheavenly bedtimes squarespg membercorner roommini bargood sizebryant parklate checkhigh floortwo blocksfitness centerhousekeeping staffby nyc standardstwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at this Westin and W Downtown with my fiancée during our trip to New York around Canada Day. First time driving down to New York ourselves and had a horrible experience with with the traffic going into town. Luckily, we found respite from the Westin, where the service and decor were very nice and accommodating. Room size is very reasonable and loved the washroom design, as well as the complete set of Kohler fixtures.

Client service was great overall, and the front desk reception Hoda was very kind in helping me with a last minute request. Though not in the center of Times' Square, I actually preferred the location - a bit less "busy" and more relaxing. Finally, while it may not be a 5 star hotel, I would take this over the W Downtown when I visit NY again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

WOW! I thank you so much for such a great review of our hotel. Our goal at the Westin is for you to come relax, rejuvenate, and renew yourself. I am happy you received such an experience.

Our location is something isn’t it? A block from Grand Central station with easy access to many great areas of NYC! I am so happy to hear that all the associates you came in contact with provided excellent guest service up to the Westin Standard.

I do hope you will visit us again the next time you decide to venture back into the city. We will look forward to providing you a great experience time after time.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great! Me and my family enjoyed our time here. The employees are very kind and helpful. I have a special thanks to Hoda at the front desk for helping us! I recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I am so happy to hear you had such a fabulous stay and that all the associates you came in contact with provided you a smile and a warm welcome. Here at the Westin we aim to not only meet but exceed your expectations and I am happy to hear that was your experience.

I will specifically reach out to Hoda as she will be recognized for her fantastic guest service. I thank you for writing such a positive and honest review.

We do hope you will continue to stay with us again soon and build a closer relationship with yours truly, The Westin New York Grand Central.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The service was medium until we met Hoda in the front desk. An extremely polite Egyptian woman that she gave us all the information, all the service we needed and all the hospitality spirit we were looking for because she was talking 5 languages and one of them was ours...Greek!Thank you, Hoda!

• Stayed: July 2013

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are in a great location and I thank you for broadcasting that.

I am very happy to hear Hoda was able to exceed you expectations and go above and beyond to help you feel welcome here. She will be recognized for her efforts.

I hope you will visit our hotel, and Hoda again soon! I know she would love to see you again!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Like other reviewers, we enjoyed the location of this hotel. We wanted to stay near Times Square without being too close. This was a nice choice and much quieter at night than even lower Manhattan with its constant drone of construction equipment.

There are several small eateries along the block for good coffee and breakfast items, and pizza, which my husband was intent in trying every one. Shopping was very close. We felt very safe walking the neighborhood.

For New York, the room was spacious with a couch and chair and large bathroom. I think the couch may have even been a pullout because we were commenting that we could bring the kids and still have enough room.

We found small cleaning issues but it wasn't worth complaining about. I would just note to management that attention to detail is needed. We found stuff stuck to the shower curtain liner for example.

From a service standpoint, I was impressed. Things happen, that is life and business, and we had a rouge maid that kept opening doors on our floor without knocking. She walked in on us half dressed and we heard her getting chewed out by another guest for the same thing. Then she looped backed to our door and did it again! I called the housekeeping manager and she certainly apologized and was up there in minutes pulling the maid off the floor. I was fine with that.

I also happened to be super sick that morning but needed to log in and get some work done within a very tight timeline. I was having trouble with my VPN connecting and I thought I was doomed. But no, the concierge had given me the number for their tech support the previous day. I called them and they directly connected me to the network within minutes. I got my work done and was able to sign off for the day. Bravo!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I am very happy that you had a great experience overall with our property. I thank you for informing others of our great location being located right near Grand Central station which offers easy accessibility to many great areas throughout New York City.

I am happy that you found our big, spacious rooms satisfying to your needs. We are happy to offer larger than normal guest rooms. I am happy the amenities were pleasing to you and that you had received great service from the associates you came across with. I am happy they were friendly and helpful.

I do apologize for the housekeeping difficulties you incurred. But, I do thank you for notifying a supervisor as they were able to take the necessary steps to improve our training and service standards.

I thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope we will see you at our hotel again in the near future.

Joe Brit

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The airconditioning in my room was not working during the hottest week in NYC. Trying to get a solution to the problem was a bigger problem. Maintenance staff was unresponsive, front desk was almost no better.After numerous trips to the front desk, room was changed. The air did work, but the bathroom left lot to be desired. And who stores tiolet tissue in the closet? Was I really supposed to find it? Asked for plastics cups, was told by housekeeping they were out. I tookthe coffee off their cart myself or I never would have gotten it. Upon checking out, they actually overcharged me and made me wait while they straightened it out. I must say that Hoda was as helpful as she could be, but her upgraded room was definitely a downgrade. Will not be returning to this loction. I will go back to The Element which I believe in a star below but their service is above.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

I want to personally apologize for the negative impression you had as you left our property. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. I would like to also thank you for your honesty in assisting us in our efforts to improve our services as we can only improve when we are well informed.

I am sorry for the difficulty you had getting to a comfortable room. I understand when you come back at night you want to be able to relax.. We also want you to wake up feeling refreshed, and I am sorry this was not your experience. I have contacted all the departments involved and we are re-evaluating our processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future.

I apologize again for your experience and I hope given another chance we can exceed your expectations.