Myself and my brother stayed 4 nights in the Westin. We booked our room through booking.com for a very reasonable price. We were greated with a less than pleasant welcome.
When checking in, I gave the receptionist my credit card. After attempting to book me in, she simply gave me back my card and mumbled "it isn't working". When I asked to to explain the problem to me, she simply repeated herself and left us standing in the lobby as I contacted my bank.
The bank said there was no issue. I then tried it with another receptionist, and after 10 minutes, he somehow came to the conclusion that he would have to charge me on a daily basis and return my keys the following morning. He then mentioned that taxes sometimes cost 3-400$, which had no relevence to the situation. I then addressed him that tax was 14% of our total bill, to which he didn'nt respond.
The following day I went to reception to renew my key and pay for the next night, and I was told they had'nt any idea what the situation was in relation to my stay and to call back later. I called back later and a man named smalls (who was by far the most helpful member of staff) sorted the situation and checked me in for my following 3 nights.
On the second evening, on 4 seperate occasions members of staff knocked on our door to ask us were we staying because they thought we were checked out.
Unsurprisingly on the evening of our third day, we were locked out of our room, and also on our final night.
We couldn't enjoy the pleasant surroundings of the hotel, because we had a feeling everyday that our bags would just be tossed out of our room.
I would go as far as saying the service in the hotel was pathetic and brought a great deal of stress upon myself and my brother for the duration of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New York Grand Central hotel is located in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Our hotel is ideal for both leisure and business travelers as it is ideally located near Grand Central Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New York Helmsley Hotel New York City
- The Hotel New York City
- New York Helmsley Hotel
- Hemsley New York
- Helmsley Hotel New York
- The New York City Helmsley
- Helmsley New York