“The Westin was perfect for our family vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Westin New York Grand Central
Ranked #222 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Half Moon Bay, California
“The Westin was perfect for our family vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

8 people. 3 rooms. Age range from 6 to 65. We all loved this hotel! Location? Perfect! Walkable to top spots? Yes! Good size rooms? Fantastic, especially in NYC! Add in friendly and helpful staff(thanks Erica!), quiet rooms, great views, good food, and the hub of all transportation right down the street and we had it all! We had a great vacation and this hotel was part of it. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We were excited about three days with the kids in NYC. Took Amtrak up from Philly without a hitch. The Hotel is very convenient to Grand Central but not Penn Station where we arrived. The lobby and restaurant were a HUGE disappointment. The rooms were clean but small and Spartan. We will not return. We actually moved to the Renaissance Hotel on Times Square and had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MIjudge
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at The Westin Grand Central. NY,NY.
My stay was wonderful. I had an extremely SPACIOUS room with 2 double beds and a huge flat screen tv on the 39th floor. From my very early check in( at 9 am) they got me the 1st room they could:) to my late check out at 4pm. The staff was courteous and helpful. Deirdre and Augusto were lovely as was a bellman(whose name I forgot) but he was kind enough to let me use his cell phone to call someone in NYC as my cellphone was from Switzerland.
I even got a cinnamon roll with a Birthday candle with my room service order b/c I mentioned it was my birthday.
This review means alot as I lived for 30 years in NYC and The WGC staff made me feel like I was home again. I highly recommend this hotel for a touch of elegance, sophistication and great service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a nice, newly renovated Westin in a location that is great for getting into, out of and around the city. It's not right at Grand Central Station like the Hyatt is -- It is two blocks east, something to bear in mind if you are arriving at Grand Central and planning on walking with your luggage. The rooms are spacious by NYC standards (similar to the Westin in Times Square).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best in mid town Manhattan , I loved the place , the big room , while when I was there , the hotel was under renovation but I didn't feel it , people are so friendly , and its located beside every thing , just few blocks , till now I can't forget how much this hotel is for me like home , am so attached too , when ever am back to NYC , I will stay there , this place is very very good , I miss the view from windows , also very clean ..
I do believe the hotel name was changed as when I stayed last year it's name was Helmsley hotel , any ways this hotel is really one of the best choices , if you want to enjoy the great NYC

Stayed August 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I lived in NYC for 12yrs, so I know The City well. We now live elsewhere and decided to go back for a little weekend getaway. The hotel has a great location: from E. 43rd & 3rd Ave., you are blissfully just off the noisy beaten path, directly across town from Broadway, a few blocks south of Radio City Music Hall, 2 blocks from Grand Central Station/numerous subway lines, and have easy access to Upper East Side transportation to the popular museums. We had no problems with check-in into our nice sized room (large by NYC standards with a recently remodeled bathroom) and were given 4pm late check-out as Starwood Preferred guests. We'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BFitz01
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not only is this hotel in an incredibly convenient location (easy to get to/from airport, access to numerous subway lines, etc), but the recent upgrade has brought it up to my high Westin expectations. Of course there are the wonderfully comfortable beds, but the bathrooms are great as well. And, it was very quiet inside the rooms...a luxury in Midtown NYC.
Everyone on the staff was incredibly helpful to me in making sure the trip was unforgetable. I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family