“Great location and the best stay”

The Westin New York Grand Central
Ranked #219 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is one of the best in mid town Manhattan , I loved the place , the big room , while when I was there , the hotel was under renovation but I didn't feel it , people are so friendly , and its located beside every thing , just few blocks , till now I can't forget how much this hotel is for me like home , am so attached too , when ever am back to NYC , I will stay there , this place is very very good , I miss the view from windows , also very clean ..
I do believe the hotel name was changed as when I stayed last year it's name was Helmsley hotel , any ways this hotel is really one of the best choices , if you want to enjoy the great NYC

Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I lived in NYC for 12yrs, so I know The City well. We now live elsewhere and decided to go back for a little weekend getaway. The hotel has a great location: from E. 43rd & 3rd Ave., you are blissfully just off the noisy beaten path, directly across town from Broadway, a few blocks south of Radio City Music Hall, 2 blocks from Grand Central Station/numerous subway lines, and have easy access to Upper East Side transportation to the popular museums. We had no problems with check-in into our nice sized room (large by NYC standards with a recently remodeled bathroom) and were given 4pm late check-out as Starwood Preferred guests. We'll definitely be staying here again!

1  Thank BFitz01
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not only is this hotel in an incredibly convenient location (easy to get to/from airport, access to numerous subway lines, etc), but the recent upgrade has brought it up to my high Westin expectations. Of course there are the wonderfully comfortable beds, but the bathrooms are great as well. And, it was very quiet inside the rooms...a luxury in Midtown NYC.
Everyone on the staff was incredibly helpful to me in making sure the trip was unforgetable. I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaD312614
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent two days -- too short visit in New York. Flew up from Atlanta for Easter weekend to see Holland Taylor in Ann at Lincoln Center. Used my SPG for a stay in this hotel. Upgraded to a lovely corner room. Really more like a very small apartment than a standard hotel room.

Splendid, not just nice, bathroom. Glorious shower.

Great bedding, as usual, super rest.

LCL -- the hotel restaurant -- was a good option on our late arrival evening. A couple of cocktails plus a great grilled cheese sandwich (with applewood bacon and tomato) and I had a chicken pot pie. Nothing fancy -- just done superbly.

Location great. Near Grand Central Station so easy to hit up the Subway.

1  Thank tootallsd
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a short break in October. Ideal location, close to most of the attractions we wanted to visit. Lovely comfy room, beds were heavenly and the Starbucks coffee was an unexpected treat. That staff were very helpful and courteous. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacquie B
Joe B, Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very happy you had a great visit with us and enjoyed our heavenly beds and coffee selection.

Hopefully you can visit us again, this time for a bit longer!

Look forward to your next visit.

Joe Britt
Service Express Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My experience with this hotel was incredible! I reserved a block of rooms for my wedding guests and got fantastic feedback from everyone - the rooms were spacious, the views were excellent, and the service was flawless. It the ideal location to get my out of town guests excited about their trip to NYC. My contact - Stephanie - was so helpful and sweet throughout the planning process, she even had rose petals and champagne sent up to the honeymoon suite - as well as a hand written note and champagne delivered to our hotel room in Hawaii, where we stayed in a different Westin property. I was so grateful to have such complete trust that everything would be taken care of for my out of town guests, it was a huge relief during all the wedding chaos. I highly recommend this hotel!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The check in was fast, but unfortunately they had to give me a different room than the one I had requested. There were three of us and I had asked for 2 beds. they told me they had only king beds available. I was very upset since I had booked the hotel way in advance. The person at the check in was very understanding and pleasant she offered me a king bed and a sofa bed with complimentary breakfast and to switch the room the next day. Alex, at the Starwood desk is the best. She is pleasant and very patient. All in all it was a good vacation. My only problem was having to pay a cab every time I wanted to go to Time Square because the hotel is on the East side.

Room Tip: I had a corner room. The best you have view on two sides.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LiZy0365
Joe B, Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Welcome,

I am sorry we were not able to honor your bed type during your recent visit with us. We have added an additional Room Controller to help us better maintain our room type count and properly place guests in their correct bed types. I am very glad to read we offered you complimentary breakfast for this inconvenience and helped you relocate to your correct room type the next day.

Thank you for your very kind words for one of our Front Office Associate Alex and for visiting us! We look forward to your next visit. Please contact me directly so I can ensure your next visit with us.

Joe Britt