“Best check in process in a long time thanks to Loida”

The Westin New York Grand Central
Ranked #224 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel has recently undergone a complete renovation. Check In process and such a great attitude By Loida made the stay wonderful. Room was exceptionally clean and the beds were so comfortable. All the amenities you would expect are there. The new restaurant is sleek and cool. The value exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevators
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,622)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I didn't expect much from the Westin Grand Central; I'm often in NYC on business, and I worried that the location would leave something to be desired, and that the remodel would consist of a bit of Westin branding...

Boy, was I wrong.

The room I stayed in was large by NYC standards--it was a corner room, and I even had a bit of a view. terrific service from check-in to check out--special kudos to Pei (hope I spelled that right) at the front desk, who made this weary traveler feel very welcome. The lobby wasn't dazzling, but the attached bar-restaurant is really going for an upscale feel, and the bartender was friendly two nights in a row! (As a solo traveler, having bartenders to talk to is important!)

All in all, I would definitely stay here hen in Manhattan again--in fact, I'll be back later this month!

Room Tip: I plan on requesting a corner room on a high floor again.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for my husband's business trip and we loved it! This is our new go to hotel in NYC. They let us check-in early and gave us a great room on the 39th floor. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Everyone is so friendly and accommodating. The beds are comfortable and the shower is amazing after a long day. This location is so great and just two blocks from Grand Central. We will defiantly be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cwm0812
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Myself, my mother and sister and I had chose to stay at the Westin on our girls trip to New York. The hotel was great, especially the beds. The location is very convenient to the subway and the bus. The restaurant was your average american food but there are many good restaurants nearby. The maids were very friendly giving us extra towels when asked and the staff were very kind.There are many great things to do and I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

A former Helmaley Hotel that is fully renovated and now a Westin property. Clean, sleek with large rooms offering a great comfortable environment and updated bathrooms featuring rainfall shower heads and my favorite...white tea products.
As always the heavenly bed is exactly what it's name says.
Hotel has one of the most amazing fitness centers I have ever seen, bright, clean with amazing equipment and open 24/7.
Stuff has been very responsive and when I checked in I had the best ever check in agent j have ever faced in a hotel.
Overall very satisfied and would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.
Well done

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Thaneco
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Staff very helpful, rooms smallish but recently renovated. Hotel business focused. No lobby to relax in. Excellent gym, all new. Attached LCL Bar & Restaurant very poor, suggest you eat elsewhere. Plenty of choices locally.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately we had one of the beds with stain on sheets and blood spots. Bed was not made( fold out bed).
It took almost 3 days to be resolved. When asked to see the manager I got a different person each time. Most staff are good and willing to help.
Location is good.