The Westin New York Grand Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Seton Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Pod 39 Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Wyndham Midtown 45(New York City)
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
Good 3.5/5
3,752 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggreat locationnew yorkheavenly bedtimes squarespg membercorner roommini bargood sizebryant parklate checkhigh floortwo blocksfitness centerhousekeeping staffby nyc standardstwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife & I have been Starwood Platinum members for 10 years. That means we have stayed at many Starwood properties around the world.

The Westin brand is always excellent in every respect. The Westin Grand Central in Manhattan is right up there with the best. Great service, great rooms, great & very convenient location.

When a problem did show up and we discovered our room had no hot water, front desk manager Wilberto Olivera was so helpful, so understanding and generous with his time that we quickly forgot what we had been upset about. If you run into a problem in this superb hotel, call Wilberto!

We had a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We got an upgrade to 24rth floor with a great view of the Chrysler building. The room was great and very roomy and comfortable.. excellent property.. Also the complimentary Starbucks coffee was nice... Front desk was very polite and accommodating..

Room Tip: Room tip: Room 2409 has nice views of chrysler bldg..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at The Westin Grand Central for one night in December to explore Christmas scenes in the city. We were a bit concerned about the negative reviews on the hotel staff and the noise from 42nd street. None ended up to be an issue for us. We arrived early around noon and did not have to wait to check-in. We found the staff courteous and knowledgeable, the room clean and quiet (we were only on the 10th floor). We liked the hotel and its close location to everything. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at the Westin this week-end with my wife. Overall a 'Westin experience' (no bad surprise) although diminished by the NY standards of politeness.. Staff at check in was borderline rude and barely recognized my status (Plat). Most SPG properties would say something like 'Welcome back, thank you for being a loyal member'. They didn't. What made this funny was that the check-in clerk had a sheet in front of him with instructions on how to greet guests... Breakfast was excellent and clearly the highlight of the stay. The most unpleasant part was when we asked the doorman to store our luggage for a few hours. Not only was he unhelpful (I had to go to him) but he made it certain that I understood that he expected a tip for this, also open lying saying he wouldn't be there when we'd come back to pick up our luggage. Of course when we came back he was still there. Again, when we collected our luggage he made it unpleasantly clear that he expected a tip. I've also stayed at the Westin in Time Sq and they operate in the same way so I guess this is par for the course in NY. I'll try another hotel next time and see if they take 'guest service' more seriously. I'm sure there must be one! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have a new favorite if i want to be somewhere mid town east side. This newly renovated Westin was perfect. As a Platinum member, I had a fantastic experience. Front desk, outstanding, maintenance - yes something was wrong but it was fixed - very good. management - responsive. I The location i so easy to access subway or walk. Rooms - very nice and we faced south so it was very quiet.
I have a ned to be east in NYC and was frustrated as i used to stay at the Renaissance Park 57 which has gone downhill. The Parker is very nice but can be expensive and a little snooty. This is my new Favorite.

Room Tip: rooms up high and facing south are very quiet and its a nice view..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family