The Westin New York Grand Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Seton Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Pod 39 Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Wyndham Midtown 45(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
3,751 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggreat locationnew yorkheavenly bedtimes squarespg membercorner roommini bargood sizebryant parklate checkhigh floortwo blocksfitness centerhousekeeping staffby nyc standardstwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a great hotel that was recently remodeled. There was limited restaurant availability as that is still being remodeled and will reopen soon. The rooms are huge for a NYC hotel and the staff was great to work with. They allowed my daughter early check-in as we were meeting from 2 different places. Everytime we had a question, it was answered promptly and accurately and the staff was quick to ask if you needed assistance. Check in was a breeze during a very busy time of the year.

It is within walking distance of Bryant Park and the Theater District although it is a little bit of a hike to the Theater District. The Metro and Grand Central Station are close which allowed easy access to anywhere you wanted to go. I would definitely stay here again.

When I travel, I have a hard time adjusting to a new place and the sounds of the area. We were on the 23rd floor and I slept like a baby from the first night on. They had the best beds. My only complaint is that you had long waits for the elevator during peak hours. Elevators were packed and you often had to wait for several cars before you were able to get on. Even then, you were packed like sardines because so many people were in each car. In some ways it was comical, but at other times, it made it hard to get to scheduled appointments.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent 2 nights on a weekend at the Westin recently. We booked this hotel through Hotwire (midtown East neighbourhood) and got an excellent rate. The hotel is close to Grand Central Station which makes getting around a breeze. I emailed the hotel ahead of time requesting a king bed and although they did not respond to my email we were given the king. Check-in took some time but the staff was friendly. The concierge was extremely helpful and gave us some great dining tips. The room was a good size for NYC and very comfortable. We could see the Chrysler buiding from our window which was neat. The cab driver that brought us to the hotel did not know about this location so make sure you have the address handy. On the way back to the airport we took an airport bus. I can't remember the name of the company but they leave from Park Ave and 42nd st every 30 minutes to the airports. Ask the concierge about it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travelled to NYC in Nov to run the ill-fated New York Marathon as part of my 40th birthday celebration bucket list. Although disappointed that the marathon was cancelled (totally understandable) we still managed to havea great holiday. The hotel was part of a tour package, has a great location almost directly across the road from Grand Central Station and The Chrysler Building. Our room was large, clean and very comfortable. We had a super kingsize bed which provided for a great nights sleep. Any interacation we had with staff we found them to be very friendly and chatty and polite. We didn't eat in the hotel, Pax diner is next door and for an amazing breakfast try Pershing Square opposite Grand Central Station. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IheartNYCIreland
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed here just a week ago for 4 nights nov 16-19, room was very nice. We got the best rate on Hotwire.com so I felt the value was good at 180.00 a night. Only small complaint was that we didn't have enough towels for all 4 of us and housekeeping took over an hour to deliver them. Other than that, location is good, overall meets the Westin standards with comfortable beds. NY was amazing and the close location was worth it!
Times Square and Rockefeller plaza are less than a mile away, grand central station maybe 1 city block away. Definitely a good visit!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here from the 9th Nov to 18th Nov. Arrived pretty late in the evening at about 7pm. Check-in and check-out was a breeze despite the very busy lobby area. The room was newly refurbished and had a nice sweet scent to it. I stay in Westin hotels wherever I travel (SPG member) and to me, this was no different than the rest so there were consistency to it. However, the only drawback (as mentioned by some reviewers) were the housekeeping service. There were missing robes, missing towels and inconsistency in how the bathroom were cleaned. I ran out of facial tissues and it was never filled for the remaining 3 days of my stay. Hairdryer and iron was faulty after 2 days of usage - I did get replacement for the iron upon request but could not be bothered with the hair dryer as I had brought my own. Other than that, the room is totally comfortable. Noise is unavoidable as it is New York City after all.

Location wise, this hotel is perfect. It was near most of the attractions and all that is needed is just to walk a couple of blocks west and you'll find almost everything. Food and convenience stores are abundance too.

In summary, would stay here again as the rate paid was reasonable and comparable with other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo