4,189 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggreat locationnew yorkheavenly bedtimes squarespg membercorner roommini bargood sizebryant parklate checkhigh floortwo blocksstreet noisehousekeeping stafftwo double bedsby nyc standards
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Came here on honeymoon in October. Great location just a minute walk from subway station. Got a room on 31st floor overlooking the Empire State, excellent view. Had food once and it was great. Rooms were spacious and very clean and serviced daily. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank John_D051012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our week's stay was tremendous. We were given an upgraded room as it was our anniversary.The lobby/entrance area was being renovated due to the name change from Helmsley to Westin although we weren't informed of the change and thought the cab had brought us to the wrong hotel. As such, there was no restaurant or lounge but there was a breakfast area. The room was large (for NYC) and well-appointed with a great view. The shower was quite stylish. Elevators were fast. Staff were courteous and friendly and everything we wanted was done promptly. We have been to NYC many times but this stay was the best.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was pleased to learn that I would be staying at a Westin Hotel as I have had very good experiences at Westin in other cities. However, I am extremely disappointed with my stay. I knew it would cost $60 per night for valet with no in and out service. I did not know and was not told that I would be charged an extra $10 each night because they considered my small suv "oversized." I did not receive my SPG points for any of my incidentals because the rude front staff person refused to take my membership card. The room was okay but it was disappointing that, like so many other hotels now, there was no room in the minibar to store some water as a charge would be added to our bill for anything moved in the minibar. Arrived after 11:00 pm and there was only a limited room service menu available. The concierge could not provide me any information about Brooklyn except to print out driving directions for me.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room on the 19th floor and could still hear street traffic all hours of the night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank fordhammom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Aggressively fast check-in with a very friendly person at the desk (Erica). Got a corner room, which was to my liking.

Wonderful night of sleep... not unique for Westin's. Nice bathroom- the shower was stylish.

Hotel was incredibly flexible- they let me check out almost an hour late on a 4pm checkout. Amazing

Seems like a great place to stay for business or pleasure. Central location, ideal for getting out of the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Captain_Starwood
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights with my husband and our two year old. Loved the hotel and the room ... we stayed on the 6th floor and had a king sized bed and a sofa bed for the baby to sleep in. The room was very large by NYC standards, very new and very clean. The hotel staff could be a little friendlier but was not bothered by that much. Everything would have been absolutely perfect and would have given the hotel a 5 star rating except that there was intermittent noise from ambulances, firetrucks, police, garbage trucks .... regular NYC noise but enough to interfere with sleep if you are not used to it. I bought earplugs and solved the problem that way.....

Room Tip: Try a room higher up to reduce the noise from the outside ....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family