This hotel is right next to my office in midtown so staying there for business was a no brainer. Clearly for others it might not be so great but its as good a location as the plaza or the wardorf etc so I am sure people would like it.
The rooms are huge by new york standards although very few of them have much natural light because of the nature of the building - but that only means they are quieter.
They are very well appointed rooms. Even the bathrooms are by US standards very good with very large tubs and large bathrooms. With bathrooms that big however it would have been a great idea to have a walk in shower.
Now what this hotel is not , is a full service hotel. Its good for the business man who needs laundry and breakfast and some room service options but you pay for internet and service is not what you expect of a hotel - you even pay to use the power adaptors which is annoying although to be fair you get to keep the thing (but it is around 25 bucks!). In general the service is slow and not responsive and also the concierge is not particularly good, but again its more becase this is a high end serviced appartment rather than a hotel. The lobby and the corridors are all very nice and speak of a sort of bygone era when in the 30's people would go to this type of hotel and feel they were in italy - in fact it is not at all in the style of hotels in italy now but it is done very nicely particularly in the lifts and the lithographs all over the hotel are nice.
Overall I like this a lot and stay there often. The rooms can be good value if you manage to book some of the deals they have for around 220 dollars and are very big and you can sometimes get a junior suite for 270 dollars approx which is nice.
Just misses out on the excellent though :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be our guest! You will be honored with all the attention and impeccable service you deserve. Experience a place that captures the imagination and attention of the world. So close to NY's Theatre District, Times Square's entertainment and corporate headquarters, proximity to Rockefeller Center--you are in the perfect corner of the city for all you wish to do. With meeting and personal event facilities, plan a perfect event with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelPower, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo New York