My husband and I recently stayed three nights and my husband, who can be a hotel snob, said at the end of our trip that he would stay there again. When we first checked in, I thought he was going to hate it! The room was so small, he had to iron with the board on the bed since there was no place to set it up. No closets, just a rod behind the mirror. The room was dark and there was no atmosphere urging us to break into our mini bar supplies which we brought. Sounds terrible right? But once we saw what a great location the hotel was in, and the lovely continental breakfast set up in the bar, and once I realized that our rate under $200 was pretty good for that area, the hotel began to grow on us. The sheets and bed were very comfortable. The toiletries were nice. But the tub/shower combination was awkward and the toilet was very close to the door. There seemed to be no a/c so we just opened the window. The staff was just okay, didn't really talk to them much. My husband had free internet and they printed out something for him so he was able to do some work. The hotel says they will be renovating some things in the near future. I don't know what they can do with those small baths and rooms, so it would be a good idea to check out your room beforehand.
I can't stress the great location enough! The street has a nice coffee shop, beautiful bars and nice restaurants. Walking to Times Square and the broadway theaters is so quick but yet the area around the hotel is quiet (well for NYC). You can get to Rockerfeller Center quickly as well as Bryant Park. The subway lines are also close. So if I can get this hotel at a reasonable rate, we will stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City