“Great hotel”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #349 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here in July for 3 nights. The location is great as it is close to the theater district and the subway. We had a junior suite and the room was very nice. The room is dark with just lamps as lighting! The mattress on the pull-out sofa was not great, but my daughter survived. There is complementary coffee/espresso/cappuccino that my husband enjoyed and I enjoyed the cookies in the afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear CaliforniaEnr,

Thank you for such a wonderful review – I am extremely happy to read that The Mansfield left you with a positive first impression. We strive to provide all our guests with a luxury liberated experience that exceeds expectations. I am delighted that you were able to find a comfortable stay in our hotel, and to learn that you enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back and truly appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,
Lisa Grossberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel is now one of my favorites in NYC. Loved the feel and friendliness of hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable but a little on the dark side as far as lighting. Also I would recommend a room on the back side because of street noise. Will absolutely stay here again. Great location.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Momofjake11

Thank you for such a wonderful review – I am extremely happy to read that The Mansfield left you with a positive first impression. We strive to provide all our guests with a luxury liberated experience that exceeds expectations. I am delighted that you were able to find a comfortable stay in our hotel, and to learn that our staff treated you exceptionally well. We look forward to welcoming you back and truly appreciate your feedback.

LIsa Grossberg

Reviewed August 7, 2014

First time visiting NY and travelling with children and we had a great time, this hotel is reasonably priced and in a great location. The staff are genuine and very helpful. The coffee machine downstairs was a much appreciated bonus and very well used by all guests. We would definitely stay here again, although working late at night free wifi in rooms would improve convenience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lee P

Dear Lee P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a lovely, well-kept hotel. From the marble stair cases to the hardwood floors in my room, the Mansfield easily beats out the cookie cutter corporate hotels for sheer visual interest. The location in Midtown is ideal - just down the street from the Algonquin and the Iroquois. I walked to almost all of my meetings and dinners.
The rooms, however, are truly small. Our bathroom door was so close to the edge of the toilet that I could close the door, but my husband's knees got knocked back. Everything else was fine. If I really needed to do a send/receive on my email - I went into the lobby library, made myself a cup of tea and got online.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Laurentide,

Thank you for staying with us at the Mansfield Hotel. We appreciate you choosing us as we know there are many hotels in NYC to choose from. The team and I were glad to hear you enjoyed the service and the location of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Be well,

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Look at a few rooms before you accept. Without being advised we were put in a room with a handicap bathroom which can be good because it is big. However my wifes feet didn't reach the floor while sitting on the toilet. We also had an odor which i thought would dissipate but did not after 3 days. The room was dark and looked out on a depressing alley. The front of the hotel is currently draped in construction tarps and scaffolds. Staff for the most part is very friendly. The girl who put us in the handicapped room without explanation was nice but talked way too fast and i missed half of what she said. Clarify if you are getting the free breakfast. We have stayed at this hotel several times and find it to be clean and quiet. We love the historic features and the boutique style. Look for special rates.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Roger1231

Dear Roger1231,

Welcome back! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Mansfield hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during your stay. I take into account all guest comments in order to improve our customer service. We thank you for being a loyal guest and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Good, clean and comfortable in a very good location. Between Times Square and Grand Central. Helpful and responsiveness staff. High floors are less noisy. Poor lighting in the room, noisy a/c and heating systems.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Felipe L,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving a trip advisor review on the Mansfield Hotel. I am pleased to learn that you loved the location and our comfortable beds. The tourist attractions, subways and close proximity to the big apple makes our hotel a hidden gem! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York City.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Located in the centre of NY attractions, room is clean, staff are nice and helpful. Everything is walking distance, the staff not only nice they're also quick in response. The price is reasonable especially for family and they have lot of options of room which make it easy if you came with friends and family. Empire state, time square, etc only couple blocks away.
I will definitely stay at this hotel for my next trip and referred it to family, friends and relatives.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jel76,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! Overall, we are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our amenities as well as our central location. Our staff makes sure to have a great impression on all guest! Please be assured that we continuously review all guest feedback in order to improve our service. On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to having you with us once again very soon.