Stayed here for a short trip and was impressed. The hotel is gorgeous on the inside (the outside wasn't visible due to construction) and looks very old fashioned. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel is a little dark and the room was small but I guess that is to be expected. The beds for very comfortable and clean and the air conditioning worked like a charm. For the price I paid it's not a perfect value but I wouldn't hesitate to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City