“meh”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #341 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The staff was fantastic, otherwise the bedding/mattress wasn't comfortable, the bathroom was extremely small, there was no air conditioning, and the tv was small. Based on all this, I think the hotel rates are unreasonable. I would rather walk another few blocks to my destination than pay the rate I did for the experience I had. I should note, I got a Priceline deal otherwise I would have had a chance to read reviews and might have decided otherwise. The location was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 248ANB
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear California Susan,
Dear 248ANB,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that our staff was friendly. I'm disappointed to hear that you experienced some service issues, and I assure you this is not typical of the customer service we provide. If you decide to give us another chance please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future booking needs.

David Sandler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,876)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great hotel, great location and great value. My only minor concern was the room temperature. It wasn't consistent and we were opening windows and doors or closing them frequently to control the temperature. Otherwise, the rest of our stay was amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear, John R

Thank You for taking your time to give a trip advisor review on The Mansfield Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our prime location is what adds specialty to our hotel. My apologies for the issues regarding the temperature in your room. I will make sure that someone in my staff fixes this problem. I look forward to seeing you again whenever you return to New York.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was the best price I got over the week, a Sunday night special. Room was small with a double bed. Fit one, or two close friends. Bathroom was equally small, but feels high quality with a strong shower. Aveena supplies. No individual room heat control, not sure if there will be a/c in the Summer. No coffee machine, have to go downstairs in the lobby/library. TV was somewhat snowy. woken up at 5am by neighbors getting ready to go to the airport, no desk but there was a window bench. Location next to 5th avenue. My second choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Yapmd,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location was convenient! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Best,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Everything was ok with this hotel until I went to the bathroom and found an inch long cockroach running across the floor. Took a picture and killed it. No action when I informed the reception. A pity since everything elsa was great. Internet was unfortunately not complementary, and no compensation was offered for the inconvenience with the roach.

Dear Johannes W,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. Please be assured this is not typical of our hotel. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent one night at this hotel in early March. It is a small, older hotel in midtown. It is an easy walk to a subway station with many lines. I found the hotel and got a deal through a discount travel website. I found the staff on duty when I arrived to be helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included in my room rate. They had nothing on the menu that was vegan so they kindly made a fruit cup for me and I had coffee. I was attending a festival and knew I would be eating there so the fruit was enough to tide me over. Otherwise, I would have had to eat elsewhere and the included breakfast would have been useless. It would be nice to see something vegan added to the menu. My room was on the smaller side, but cute and fine for me. The room was very clean. The shower was roomy (I had a room with a roll in shower) with great water pressure. There is no individual heat control and the heat came out in one spot and did not really warm the room properly. There was a charge for wifi in my room, but free wifi in the lobby. There was a room off of the lobby with seating where you can use the wifi and there is also a fancy machine that offers free coffee. The hotel features down comforters which, as a vegan, I do not use. The hotel happily accommodated me with synthetic bedding. It is a completely non-smoking hotel, which I appreciate. The hotel offers a points program for travelers, but I never got to sign up for it since the staff never sent me the link for it despite two requests. Everything being said, I would stay here again if I was able to get a good rate. There are a number of other hotels on the same street and I felt safe walking around at night on my own.

Dear TravellinDays,

Thank you staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Mansfield. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our breakfast, rooms, and bar throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was looking for a place to rest and some me time. The Mansfield was the perfect place. The staff is great and I was able to get the much needed sleep and time alone I needed. Grand Central Station is just a few blocks away. Rockerfeller Center, Empire State Building, Radio City, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and Broadway shows are all so close by. Overall it's in a great area.

Dear Luz F,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that our staff was helpful. We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Only stayed for one night and we wouldn`t have wanted anymore.

The location is perfect, 5 mins from Times Square, however the rooms we stayed in was poor. We know not to expect a large room in NYC, but for a 4 star hotel, we expected a little more. Could barely walk around the bed. The bathroom is the worst aspect however, tiny and a door that did not lock, or even have one on to fix. In a room this size, its even more important to have privacy for the bathroom in my opinion.

The bar looked good, although we didn`t have time t try it, and although the staff on check in were indifferent, the lady who checked us out was very polite and helpful.

If you are planning to stay more than a couple of nights there are far better options also in this location, I would recommend using them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Beaux L2012,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the location of our property. I'm disappointed to hear that you experienced some service issues, and I assure you this is not typical of the customer service we provide. If you decide to give us another chance please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future booking needs.