“Worth the price”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #343 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here and we're both college students so the price of the hotel was a huge factor in our decision. The price was definitely worth it for the location and quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Candice Q,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Mansfield. I’m glad you found our prices convenient and that you enjoyed our rooms. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Warm Regards,

General Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lovely hotel. Walking distance to Times Square & Grand Central Station. Safe area. Really enjoyed the quaint library room complete with fireplace and free espresso and tea machine!
Would probably not recommend to family with young kids.

Dear Kathy C,

Thank you staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Mansfield. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our library bar and complimentary espresso machine throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location for Broadway and shopping in Midtown, especially if you're coming in from somewhere nearby (i.e. not flying). It's a short walk from Grand Central and has easy access to subways and buses.

The room itself was very tiny, even by NYC standards, but the bed was large and comfortable. The lighting is a real problem. I laughed out loud when I flicked one of the three light switches, expecting things to "brighten up," and a small, watery pink light aimed at the corner flickered feebly. Another light switch controlled what was effectively a spotlight over the bed, and a third light switch did... nothing at all. I tried many times but never could figure out what it was for. I hope I didn't create some National Lampoon situation for housekeeping.

Due to the combined effects of the poor lighting and my natural inclination to embarrass myself, I almost took a header into the bathroom because I didn't notice that it was up a step from the floor of the room. (Why?!) At least both the bathroom and the room were very clean, and the room was outfitted with hardwood floors, which I was happy to see because I am just not a fan of "carpet gunk."

The soundproofing was basically nonexistent. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs.

The staff was very friendly. I was able to check in early and they were happy to hold my bags after I checked out. Complimentary lemon water and coffee were always available in the lobby and in the lounge.

My biggest complaint was the $15.95/day charge for Wi-Fi. It's 2014! Who charges for Wi-Fi? At least the connection was fast enough to support Netflix and VoIP.

Rate paid: $129/night with breakfast included.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Choconaut,

Thank you staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Mansfield. We’ll pass along your feedback to our team in order to continue providing valued service. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Davids Sandler

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Mansfield Hotel is a lovely respite: excellent location, clean, helpful staff, lovely details. Enjoyed the calm of the library - great place to relax with wifi. This may not be for everyone but the plus of the great coffee and the fireplace was worth it. Rooms are small but all the necessary amenities and wonderful bed/linens. Would definitely stay at the Mansfield again.

Dear Bagel1998,

Thank you staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Mansfield. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our breakfast, rooms, and bar throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Poor lighting, no natural light or ventilation, broken hair dryer , noisy vents - woke us up every hour for a couple of nights. Good location & lovely room/ bar staff the only positives. Easy to get to subway & local transport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul T,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Best,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great location, warm & friendly staff. Very clean. Was fun to stay in a hotel with some history. The only thing I didn't like was that the sitting area (we were in a junior suite) was way too dark. Not enough lighting, and the lighting in the room was dim with some not functional.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us . We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

For the price this hotel was perfect for us. The only complaint would have been the room temperature but I'm sure that could be fixed, we just opened the windows. The staff was pleasant and very willing to help with questions

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear TCBurns_5,

Thank you for the detailed review. We know how important location can be when it comes to planning a trip, and we promise we aren’t going anywhere. Our team has been made aware of the key issues we can improve on. We’ll pass along your feedback to our team in order to continue providing valued service. We would love the opportunity to surpass your expectations and hope you’ll come visit us during your next trip to New York.

Thank you.