“Time for a serious upgrade”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #344 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great location and a good hotel to experience the old charm of New York! But, and it is a big but, hotel rooms are compact, tired and in need of an upgrade. Luxury boutique hotel is certainly not what we experienced but were charged the high room rates! Very poor value for money...avoid until signifIcant refurbishment is complete!!!

3  Thank Elin G
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Elin G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you .We’ll pass along your feedback to our team in order to continue providing valued service. We would love the opportunity to surpass your expectations and hope you’ll have a change of heart.

David Sandler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

First time in New York and wish I would have known how tiny the room was going to be. I realize you aren't in your room often, but finally had a anniversary weekend away from kids and room and bathroom were tinier than my kids bedroom at home! Couldn't even open suitcase unless on bed. Couldn't open hotel room door unless bathroom door was shut because no room. Seriously, overweight person would struggle getting in bathroom!! Only room for one to get ready because so small. Bed was very uncomfortable. Elevators so small you couldn't fit more than four in it! They also sounded like the cable would break any second!
We were happy with staff as they gave us free breakfast card and free drinks for our trouble. Location was best part of our stay. Next time I would stay somewhere else on same street.

Room Tip: Don't stay here for the room! They are smallest ever!!! I'm not sure if there is a good room...
1  Thank madieshopper

Dear Madieshopper,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your room. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs.Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been doing research on places to stay when I am in New York for 7 nights in April of next year with my two travel companions (my mother and 13 year old brother). Upon coming across The Mansfield, I wanted to stay in the Junior Suite. However, before I booked the suite, I wished to confirm the bedding configuration in the hotel. I sent the hotel, through their website, two emails to confirm the bedding so that I could book the room. These emails were sent one in late November and one very early in December. To date (9 Dec) I have had no reply, and when I decided tonight that I would simply book the room, I find that it is sold out for the dates I am after, except for the penthouse!

I am very upset as I was really looking forward to staying at the Mansfield Hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. It is a shame that I have missed out simply because the hotel does not respond to emails in a timely manner - something I would have assumed to be standard these days.

1  Thank Tahlia B

Dear Tahlia B,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. This is not typical of our customer service if you decide to give us another try, please feel free to reach out to me directly feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have been to New York many times, this was our first stay at Mansfield and it proved to be beyond delightful. We stayed in a junior suite and loved our room. We enjoyed the complimentary warm cookies that awaited us each late afternoon. We especially enjoyed the staff who were always very polite, courteous, warm, welcoming and helpful. If I was to add one suggestion, during the Christmas season, it would be to have warm apple cider available as opposed to cold lemon water (enjoyed warm cider in other hotels during the Christmas season) -- but, that being said -- the warm cookies (especially the chocolate chip) were such a treat and very much appreciated. The location is perfect, accessible to EVERYTHING. We LOVED our stay, and have decided to make this our main hotel for future visits. We really want to thank ALL the staff for being so warm and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Lovetwotravel18,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us during the holidays and that you enjoyed our warm chocolate chip cookies. We always want to make sure all of our guests have an amazing stay. We will go ahead and give your feed back to our team in order to continue to provide quality service. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

the location was good
my room was cold and noisy
the staff was not helpful in resolving the issue
the mattress was old and i sleep not comfortable
my rate for thisn hotel is not a4 star is a 3 star the location is good also i didn know the hotel had room service, the front desk had some attitude

Dear Carlos F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Mansfield was a lovely hotel in a very convenient location. The rooms are not that big [but as advertised] however they are very comfortable. We would return to the Mansfield and will be recommending it to friends.

Dear Ian W,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to celebrate this important holiday with us . We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, we will make sure to assign you a room that better suits your needs. We hope to see you again in the future!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel was beautiful - clean - staffed with friendly and courteous staff. It's location is within walking distance of all the major tourist attractions !!!! This was our first visit to the city and we saw everything we wanted to plus more!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Jean F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your first experience in the city with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our rooms cleanly. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll make sure your next visit is just as amazing! Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you.