“in town for Thanksgiving Day Parade”
Review of The Mansfield

The Mansfield
Ranked #343 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Beautiful hotel and great architecture. Half a block from parade route, great location and within walking distance to Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Time Square and Grand Central Station. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Renee L
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Renee L,

Thank you for the great review. We're glad you chose to stay with us during the holidays, we know how special those moments can be. Hope to see you both again in the future! Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we'll do our best to top your last stay.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel is a lovely hotel in the centre of the times square district. Old fashioned in its styling but able to provide a modern standard of accomodation. Not really for the party reveller in my oppinion but ideal as a base for the tourist. Not sure about families but my room was big enough and spacious enough for a couple. Not the biggest rooms in new york or the best equipped but fantastic for the price, Entrance lobby are nice as is the front coffee room. M bar is convenient and the gym is free and good if not basic if you are that way inclined. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend and stay again.

Dear Wayne K,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our room spacious. I'm pleased to hear that our that our rooms and decor were to your liking. It truly does make our hotel a unique gem in Midtown. We hope you will choose to stay with us on all your NYC visits.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wonderful Staff! Big smiles and always ready to help and make you feel at home!
I have stayed on business in the past and chose this location to stay with my daughter. Great location, I can't say enough about the staff. A nice oasis away from the craziness that is Time Sq!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher M

Dear Christopher M,

We appreciate your continued loyalty and thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our staff friendly. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we'll ensure to make your next stay just as memorable. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Outstanding staff who really make you feel at home. Room very well appointed and very comfortable while retaining the characteristics of the turn of the century building. No question will stay at The Mansfield again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear C C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Best,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of days, having chosen it as it was 1 block away from a conference I was attending. I was actually delighted, check in/out was no bother and all the employees were charming. The rooms are a bit small but at the same time they make great use of the space available, and lets face it if you are in your room all the time in New York you're doing something wrong! I had breakfast there as my only meal and it was fantastic, brioche eggs benedict. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Seems a quiet street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Stephen C,

We were delighted to receive your review, and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at The Mansfield. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our Front of House team who demonstrated such great hospitality to you. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

That endangered species, a true 4-Star hotel, The Mansfield is my latest New York favorite.

The charm of a beautifully restored past blends seamlessly with clean, modern facilities. Service is friendly and efficient, especially housekeeping, and details like complimentary lemon water, tea, coffee, espresso, NY Times, and cookies make all the difference while away from home.

Yes. There are the usual smaller and dimmer spaces and hallways of New York City, but here they seem like special, cozy embraces from an urban, romantic past.

I have always preferred living downtown but I now have a new appreciation of this midtown location. Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central, Rockefeller Center, MOMA, Fifth Avenue, Central Park... are all steps away as well as EVERY subway line.

My only disappointment is the daily charge of $14.95 for internet access. It should absolutely be free.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sal C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found the atmosphere of our hotel to your liking. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll do our best to always make your stay unique. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Fantastic boutique hotel in the heart of midtown. Clean, spacious and great service. This hotel had everything we were looking for and the staff exceeded our expectations throughout our stay. The "library" area in the lobby was a great place to drink an espresso and plan our day.

Dear Mark N,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the decor of our property.We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to contact me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Regards,